exception error: GIF export

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Claus

exception error: GIF export

Post by Claus » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:11 pm

Hi,
I've revitalized an old project and I'm having a problem:

I'm running TeeChart Pro VCL v5.02 with Delphi 6 (yes, since 2001!). In my code there's the following statement:

Code: Select all

uses 
  TeeProcs, Chart, TeeFunci, TeeGIF, TeEngine, ... 

var GIF               : TGifExportFormat; 

begin 
  GIF:= TGifExportFormat.Create; 

end; 
The chart control works fine, but when the program tries to execute the "TGifExportFormat.Create" command, the following exception is thrown: "Project test.exe raised exception class EResNotFound with message 'Resource TTeeGIFOptions not found'."

I've already uninstalled/re-installed TeeChart because I thought something might have been gone lost or overwritten, but to no avail - the problem remains. The code has once worked successfully years ago, I still have examples of exported GIF files. The major change in the application compared to the original version is that I have added multi-language support with the Borland Resource DLL wizard, but I don't see any connections between this modification and the exception error. Does anybody have any idea what's going wrong here? Any help appreciated!

Claus

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:00 pm

Hi Claus,

Yes, we're aware of this problem (flaw in Borland's design). No easy or clean solution to this problem I'm afraid. A customer has suggested the following workaround (but I personally haven't tested it):

Step 1: I compile the EXE-File in standard language with MAP-File enabled.

Step2:

Within the MAP-File, you will find a section, containing Information about the ressoures bound into the EXE-File:
Bound resource files
c:\borland\delphi6\Lib\CONTROLS.RES
c:\borland\delphi6\Lib\BUTTONS.RES
About.DFM
c:\borland\delphi6\Lib\EXTDLGS.RES
c:\borland\delphi6\Lib\SPIN.RES
E:\Programme\TeeChart502D6\Delphi6\Lib\TeeResou.res
E:\Programme\TeeChart502D6\Delphi6\Lib\TeeTranslate.DFM
E:\Programme\TeeChart502D6\Delphi6\Lib\TeeFunnelEditor.DFM
E:\Programme\TeeChart502D6\Delphi6\Lib\TeeProBm.res
E:\Programme\TeeChart502D6\Delphi6\Lib\TeeComma.res

Step3
Copy this section concering all TEE-ressources into the Language Library -DPR-Files, treating it with Search and Replace so that you get the necessary {$R 'filename'} lines and remove the previous TEE-Entries.

Step4
Now rebuilt the whole project group and : all will work fine.

Claus

it works! :-)

Post by Claus » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:53 pm

Hi Pep,
it's a bit late, I know ;-)
But I just wanted to say thank you - the workaround you describe works perfect. As you say you didn't test this by yourself I thought it would be a good idea to let you know that I can confirm it works.
Best regards, Claus

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:26 pm

Hi Claus,

ok, I'm glad to know that works for you. Many thanks for the advise. :wink: