Question about Web Server Run-Time License

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
procal

Question about Web Server Run-Time License

Post by procal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:04 am

Greetings.

I have a developer license,and just read the Tutorials 17.
All I know is as the following.
-----
With a developer license installed, I can use the TeeChart in a DLL after compilation. If I wanna distribute the Web on my customer's Server.
I can acquire a license on their behalf.(just give them the Runtime License Number)
-----
Is it right?

I compiled the DLL with my developer license.Should I do anything after copying the web files to customer's machine?

If I follow above, May I risk that customer copy the Web to another web server without informing me?

Thanks for answering.
Best Regards.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 am

Hi procal,
-----
With a developer license installed, I can use the TeeChart in a DLL after compilation. If I wanna distribute the Web on my customer's Server.
I can acquire a license on their behalf.(just give them the Runtime License Number)
-----
Is it right?
If you are deploying your application to client's web server most likely you'll need a Web Server Runtime license for the client too. For further information please contact our Sales Dept. at sales at steema dot com providing some information on the application and how you plan to distribute it.
I compiled the DLL with my developer license.Should I do anything after copying the web files to customer's machine?

If I follow above, May I risk that customer copy the Web to another web server without informing me?
As told in tutorial 17, if the designtime license is correctly installed in the development machine you just need to build TeeChart's licenses.licx as an embedded resource in your application. TeeChart.dll will look for this and the designtime license. If any of those are not correctly installed you won't be able to use TeeChart.dll. So, if your TeeChart designtime license is correctly installed and your applications correctly build your client shouldn't be able to use TeeChart.dll.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum