TeeChart installation fails

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Heiko

TeeChart installation fails

Post by Heiko » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:03 am

Dear all,

I have problems to install TeeChart.NET on Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 - Version 10.0.30319.1 /Windows 7 Prof. SP1 - 64bit
What I did:
I started TeeChartNET2014_4.1.2014.02060.exe. (in non proxy-environment, disabled firewall and disabled virus-scanner.)
And I choose option "Visual Studio .NET 2010" during installation process.

I got one error message:

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not be complete correctly. Error running C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Help viewer\v1.0\HelpLibManager.exe /product VW /version 100 /locale en-us /install /source media "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart for .NET 2014 .... System could not find path.

But installation seems to be finished.

Since I have Win7-64bit I followed the hint on your download-site and started TeeRegV2010.exe.
But this does not work. I got the following error message:

TeeRegV2010 - Error setting registry value

After all I do not have any new components within my VisualStudio-Toolbox.

So I guess installation still failed.

What do I have to to to install TeeChart properly?

Christopher
Guru

Re: TeeChart installation fails

Post by Christopher » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:19 am

Hello,
Heiko wrote:Problem running post-install step. Installation may not be complete correctly. Error running C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Help viewer\v1.0\HelpLibManager.exe /product VW /version 100 /locale en-us /install /source media "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart for .NET 2014 .... System could not find path.

But installation seems to be finished.
This is an error installing the HTML v2 Help files into the Visual Studio IDE, as the installer could not find HelpLibManager.exe at the expected path. The same help files are available in your installation under:

%PROGRAMFILES%\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart for .NET 2014 4.1.2014.02060\Docs\TeeChartNET4.chm
Heiko wrote: After all I do not have any new components within my VisualStudio-Toolbox.
This is a problem with that installer; we are presently building a new installer which uses a different, more reliable technique for installing the TeeChart components into the toolbox. In the meantime, I'm afraid, you will have to install them manually by right clicking on the toolbox and browsing to the TeeChart.dll.
Heiko wrote: Since I have Win7-64bit I followed the hint on your download-site and started TeeRegV2010.exe.
But this does not work. I got the following error message:

TeeRegV2010 - Error setting registry value
I'm not sure if this step is necessary, as the installer should have correctly installed the license even though your system is x64. Can you please tell me if, once added to the toolbox, you can successfully add a TeeChart component to the Windows Form design surface, build and then run it?
Heiko wrote: So I guess installation still failed.

What do I have to to to install TeeChart properly?
We apologise for the errors you received during this installation, and will be releasing a new installer very shortly.
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum