Colorgrid needs a lot of memory

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
HQO

Colorgrid needs a lot of memory

Post by HQO » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:25 pm

Is it really so, that when I do the simply .Net form and add the Tchart with one colorgrid - series and set the Axes.Bottom.Maximum to 1500 Axes.Left.Maximum to 300 and filling this, it needs memory over 110Mb? Sounds quite big, why it so?

And there is no way to free the memory back to original state. I try to use colorGrid.Clean(), colorGrid.Dospose() and tChart.Dispose(), nothing seems to work on that case... any idea how I can free the memory?

I'm using TeeChart version 1.0.1452.42972

BTW, what are the pc requirements when using TeeChart (memory size, ...)?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:33 pm

Hi HQQ,

This is a problem we are aware of. We are trying to solve it for future releases.
BTW, what are the pc requirements when using TeeChart (memory size, ...)?
The same as needed to run Visual Studio 2003
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

HQO

Post by HQO » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:26 pm

This is REALLY high problem in our project, because we have a application which is open long time and user loads the usercontrol with this TeeChart control (and with colorgrid series) from it. And if colorgrid takes memory around 100MB each time when control is loaded, client will stuck very soon.

So, if you don't have any workaround for this, please try to set the piority to fix this very high. Also please inform when the fix will be available.

Thank's

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:20 am

Hi,

I've just sent to your mail a test project so you can check it and let me know some information about the performance.