Deployment Problem

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Brad

Deployment Problem

Post by Brad » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:50 am

Hi,
I have the TeeChart.dll in my bin folder, but the chart will not display after it has been deployed to a Server (2003). I need to deploy the chart without installing the TeeChart.Net application on the web server. Needs to be in my WebSetup.exe

What do I need to do to get this working?

Currently, if I have TeeChart.Net installed on the server I get the error: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET v1\TeeChartForNET\_chart_temp" is denied. I checked and found that this path does not exist on my system...
If I don't have it installed I just get a blank image box.

Please Help,
Brad.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:22 am

Hi Brad,

have you read the TeeChart for Net Tutorials (17 - Designtime and Runtime requeriments) ?
Here you will find the steps to do.

Brad

Post by Brad » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:44 am

Hi Pep,

Yes I have read that document.

One thing I have noticed is that there were no Virtual Directories created on our 2003 Server when I installed Tee Chart, though the files are there. I have tried manually creating the Virtual Directories and I have specified a Share Folder. But this does not appear to help.

I am only presented with a blank image box.

Regards,
Brad.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:39 am

Hi Brad,

the TeeChart virtual shares should automatically install at installer time if IIS is present. Other exceptions may occur if there are special access-rights settings. You can manually add shares via the IIS Manager, the TeeChart virtual share should be setup as 'application' (by giving an 'Application Name' on the 'Virtual Directory' tab of the IIS Manager for the share). Another way to setup and test a share would be to use VS.NET to create a new project on the server and have it setup the virtual shares. For an application to use the _chart_temp folder the parent share should exist (as per the runime requirements tutorial). Alternatively you could setup WebCharts as 'Session' Charts, using the TempChart property to avoid the need for temporary files and temporary storage space.