How to add auxiliary lines between vertical linesin teechart

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
vijay

How to add auxiliary lines between vertical linesin teechart

Post by vijay » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 am

HI,
How can I add auxiliary lines in tee chart in between all major vertical lines? We have to separate the display area of trend into 8 vertical and 5 horizontal lines and also need to display 2 auxiliary lines in between each vertical line. How do I exactly split the x axis into 8 time spans?

For more information:
The X-axis contains the date time value and the user can customized the scale of date time to 1hr, 2hr, 4hr and 24hr. If the user selects 1hr or 24hr then the trend will plot 8 minutes or 8 days data respectively. Suppose the user select 1 hour, then we want to display the time in this fashion: 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 ……. 8:00

Thanks in advance
Subin

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to add auxiliary lines between vertical linesin teechart

Post by Sandra » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:23 am

Hello vijay,
How can I add auxiliary lines in tee chart in between all major vertical lines? We have to separate the display area of trend into 8 vertical and 5 horizontal lines and also need to display 2 auxiliary lines in between each vertical line.
You have some options to draw auxiliary lines in TeeChart and I suggest two:
1.- Using DrawLine Tool. You can find some examples in All Features\Welcome !\Tools\Draw Lines
2.- Do custom Drawing where you draw lines in AfterDraw Event.
How do I exactly split the x axis into 8 time spans?
I suggest use Axis Break Tool where you can find an example in Demo projects, Welcome !\New Chart Tools\Axis Break Tool. Also, other option to you is, use custom axes and you can find examples in All Features\Welcome !\Axes\Scrolling multiple axes, All Features\Welcome !\Axes\Opaque zones and All Features\Welcome !\Axes\Permanent custom axes.

I hope will helps. If you have some questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum