Tchart is very slow while plotting hours of data

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
vijay

Tchart is very slow while plotting hours of data

Post by vijay » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:24 am

Hi,
I am using TChart wpf.
I have tried to plot 500000 points in tchart. It takes 5 to 6 seconds to plot the entire data, moreover it is very slow when i zoom or pan these points. I will have 6 or 7 lineseries with this much amount of data. Is there any way to optimize the performance?(I have history data not realtime).
Do i need to perform any filtering in my data source? But if do that while zooming user may not able see the data in second accuracy. what to do?

Any suggestions ?

vijay

Post by vijay » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:37 am

Sorry, accidentally i posted in ActiveX Section :(

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:22 am

Hi vijay,

No problem, I moved the thread to the .NET forum.

WPF is slower than GDI+ and WinForms applications. We don’t think WPF was designed for intensive drawing, it was designed for aesthetic drawing. Does a similar WinForms application has same performance?

For enhancing your applications performance you could try implementing hints provided in the Real-time Charting article here.

You could also filter your data using DownSampling function as shown in the All Features\Welcome !\Functions\Extended\Reducing number of points examples at the features demo, available at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum