Basic Installation Steps

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Paul T

Basic Installation Steps

Post by Paul T » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Not having used Delphi .NET in the slighest, I've just failed to get TeeChart V3 for .NET to install / work in CodeGear Studio 2007. VCL is fine and that is where all of our production work is happening. I just wanted to evaluate the gauge differences bewteen .NET and VCL (using a .NET license file one of our developers had previously been using for VS 2005).

Can you post an idiots guide to installation please. I followed a thread regarding BDS 2006 and C#. I ran through the install, encountered the toolbox registration issue, skipped that and let the install complete. I could select and add the assembly into ".NET components" and also add the path to the search path. However, nothing is registered in the IDE toolbox. I know I'm missing several pieces of the jigsaw here !

Thanks and Regards,

Paul.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:46 am

Hi Paul,

RAD Studio 2007 doesn't provide designtime support for WinForms applications. You can create C# WinForms applications but components need to be added at runtime. You should just add TeeChart.dll in the project's references section.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Paul T

Post by Paul T » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:12 am

Thanks Narcís. I think that tells me to avoid trying to use TeeChart in Delphi .Net. Realistically that puts me back to using the VCL gauges and wishing you had the open GL version available sooner rather than later. I would look at using visual studio, but because the backend server is clientdataset based that is pretty much out of the question without a lot of reengineering. So I'm stuck with the VCL gauges until you come up with the open GL version I'm afraid.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:24 am

Hi Paul T,

It would be easier if you used BDS 2006 for the .NET part as it still supports designtime for WinForms applications.

For testing purposes you could also check TeeChart for .NET in Visual Studio Express versions.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum