TeeChart.Net w/ VS2005 and ASP.Net

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
rackerson

TeeChart.Net w/ VS2005 and ASP.Net

Post by rackerson » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:42 pm

My company is testing with your latest TeeChart trial for ASP.Net and we have encountered a few issues.

1. The first pertains to the display of bars in a simple 2D barchart. Our test application displays a chart with 5 bars. The screenshot below is a sample showing the correct drawing of a bar and its label:
Any bar that is in the middle of the chart displays correctly, that is, all bars except for the far left one and the far right one draw properly.

These "edge bars" are only half drawn; their labels are only half drawn as well, as demonstrated in the screenshot below:
The bar on the far left has its left half chopped off (the label in the screenshot above SHOULD have read "Bad Debt (Q)". Similarly, the bar on the far right has its right half chopped off.

2. We tried to use the ScrollTool to enable horizontal scrolling of the chart. For some reason, the scrollbar is displayed oddly. In the screenshot below, notice the scrollbar is visible. For some reason, there is a large white rectangular area around it (I circled it in red for the screenshot).
I realize this is most likely a place for chart labels to be written, but as you can see from the screenshot, the rectangular area extends beyond the canvas area of the chart and looks pretty bad. It might not have been noticable if our webpage had been white but ours will not be. If it matters, we are viewing the charts on Windows XP workstations running IE 7.

Are there workarounds for either of these issues or are there perhaps properties that I need to set to prevent this behaviour? Or are these issues with the trial version of the product?

Thanks,
Rich

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:43 am

Hi Rich,

Please find below the answers to your questions:

1. This is a bug (TF02012425) which I've added to our defect list to be fixed for the next releases. In the meantime, a workaround is setting bottom axis minimum and maximum values like this:

Code: Select all

WebChart1.Chart.Axes.Bottom.SetMinMax(-1, WebChart1.Chart.Series[0].Count);
2. I'm not able to reproduce the problem here. Are you using the latest evaluation version available at the client area? If so, is there anything special I should do to reproduce the problem here?

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

rackerson

Post by rackerson » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Sorry it took so long to respond. I had given your replies to a developer here that was doing the actual coding with your trial version.

Despite his insistance that he double-checked his code before I contacted you about the problem, he later admitted to me that the second issue I reported was actually a bug in HIS code.

Sorry about that.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi rackerson,

No problem :wink:. Thanks for the information.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum