Picking and Editing

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
jonsberndt

Picking and Editing

Post by jonsberndt » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:06 pm

In either the regular developer version or the Lite version of the tChart .NET component, can points shown on a graph be visually edited? For example, can a single point be selected and moved around with the trace line updating in realtime?

Jon

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi Jon,

Yes, this can only be achieved with TeeChart for .NET Professional versions as Lite versions doesn't include chart tools. The tool necessary for this is Drag Points tool. You'll find examples of its usage at All Features\Welcome!\Tools\Drag Point in the features demo. The demo can be found at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

jonsberndt

Post by jonsberndt » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:39 pm

narcis wrote:Hi Jon,

Yes, this can only be achieved with TeeChart for .NET Professional versions as Lite versions doesn't include chart tools. The tool necessary for this is Drag Points tool. You'll find examples of its usage at All Features\Welcome!\Tools\Drag Point in the features demo. The demo can be found at TeeChart's program group.
Very good. Now, this raises a question for me: how easy should it be to upgrade to the Professional version, install it, and then subsequently have those capabilities available to me without having to do much (or any) code changes? I don't want to have to go into my code and remove the old charts, and add the new charts. That would be a big mess! :)

Jon

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:46 pm

Hi Jon,

It should be pretty easy. I'd recommend you to install Professional version on your machine and replace TeeChart's assembly reference in your projects from TeeChart.Lite.dll to TeeChart.dll.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum