Upgrading C++Builder and TeeChart

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Gerard

Upgrading C++Builder and TeeChart

Post by Gerard » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:58 am

G'day,

Our company has been using C++Builder 6 with TeeChart Pro 6.01 for a while now. We've recently decided to upgrade to C++Builder 2009. We have a large project that we're trying to move to the new version of Builder.

This has caused problems because 2009 only has the standard version of TeeChart 8, and we use Pro objects. It also doesn't seem to like it much if I try to get it to use TeeChart 6 either, as it does not conform to the stricter code standards.

So it looks like it may be necessary to upgrade to v8 Pro. However, if we purchase an upgrade will that come as a stand-alone installer, or will it require TeeChart 6 to already be installed first?

The other option would be to edit the TeeChart 6.01 source to compile properly, but I haven't looked too much into how painful this would be.

Any suggestions / advice, please?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:54 am

Hi Gerard,
So it looks like it may be necessary to upgrade to v8 Pro. However, if we purchase an upgrade will that come as a stand-alone installer, or will it require TeeChart 6 to already be installed first?
It's a standalone installer, it doesn't require v6 being installed.
The other option would be to edit the TeeChart 6.01 source to compile properly, but I haven't looked too much into how painful this would be.
I'm afraid this would be a hard task as v8 needed to be modified to fully support Unicode as RAD Studio 2009 does.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Gerard

Post by Gerard » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:44 pm

Alright, cool. Thank you for your reply!