compile old project written in Teechart6

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
wymak

compile old project written in Teechart6

Post by wymak » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:07 am

I have bought Teechart Pro 6 previously, and made a couple BcB5 project with it. Recently I tried Teechart Pro8, after completely remove Teechart 6. The old project compiled and linked without error. However when I ran the program the following error occurred:
Project xxx raised exception class EReadError with message 'Error reading Series1->DownCloseGradientStartColor: Property does not exist' Process stopped. Use step or run to continue.

What can I do?

Do you have a list of modified property in the VCL from v6 to v8 so that we can change our code accordingly?

thanks,
mak

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:26 am

Hi mak,

I'm sorry but we don't have such a list available. Little things should have been changed. However, if you are having problems with it don't hesitate to let us know.

For this very specific problem please try using Series1->DownCloseGradient->StartColor.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

wymak

Post by wymak » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:20 am

Dear sir;
I am afraid that I did not reference the the property:
Series1->DownCloseGradientStartColor in my code.
In other words, it may be referenced in the library of TeeChart 6 I bought previously. As I purchased Teechart6 without the source code, do I need to replace the TChart component of ver 6 to ver 8 in my form to get it run?

thanks,
mak

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:23 am

Hi mak,

You may not have used it in your code but may have changed it at designtime using v6 so it's written in the form's code. You can go to the form, right-click on it and select "View as text" to modify the properties.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum