Bug in ArrowSeries border/line style

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
msr

Bug in ArrowSeries border/line style

Post by msr » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:22 pm

Arrow series displayed in two dimensions (i.e., 3D turned off) with line styles (borders) other than solid and a width of 1 do not display correctly. The "background" between the dashes and dots (small dots don't count since they are drawn differently) is always black rather than being the background color.

To replicate, start a new project and add a Tchart. In the chart editor,
1. Uncheck "3 Dimensions" on the 3D tab
2. Add an arrow series.
3. For the arrow series, go to Format, and press the Border button.
4. Change the line style to Dot.

You'll see the lines drawn with alternating color (presumably red with only 1 series) and black. Changing the color of the border has no effect.

Now:
5. Increase the width of the border to 2. The lines are drawn correctly.
6. Put the width back to 1, go to the 3D tab and recheck "3 Dimensions" The border of the pseudo-3 dimensional arrows are now drawn correctly, with the center of the arrow the series color and the dotted border in the color specified by the Border color.

Mike

Edit: I'm using TeeChart Pro 8.02.10861 Win32 in BDS2006 (the bug persists in both WinXP SP2 and WinVista).

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:22 am

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your report. This seems a bug to me and added it (TV52012918) to our defect list to be fixed for future releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum