Axis Scaling

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Pete

Axis Scaling

Post by Pete » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi,

I have a (little?) problem using the TChart classes.

What I basically want to do, is to use Tchart to draw some kind of shape (e.g. a circle, rectangle or whatever). I use a fastline series (sorting turned off) to just draw some points along the object outline and that's it. It's actually working pretty good so far.

But here is my problem. I just can not figure out how to scale the axis correctly to show the shape without deformations. When I draw a square shape and the TChart object is, lets say, 800x400 pixel big the square appears as a rectangle. What I have to do is to somehow synchronize the scaling of the Left and Bottom Axis. I'm pretty shure there is no build in function to do that, but if someone can give me a hint how to access the axis length in pixel for example, I can figure out the rest by myself. With this information it shouldn't be to hard to calculate the Min and Max values for the different axis.

Thanks,
Daniel

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi Daniel,

You could try doing as in the All Features\Welcome!\Axes\Isometric Axes example in the new features demo, available at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum