(Information) TeeChart and Delphi 5 compatibility issues

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
xxxxxx
Advanced

(Information) TeeChart and Delphi 5 compatibility issues

Post by xxxxxx » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:49 pm

Even in the latest v8.02 release in run-time code and demo there are still Delphi 5 compatibility issues. The most critical to me was unavailability of FastLineSeriesEditor due to run-time error:
Error reading FastLineSeriesEditor.Caption: invalid property value.
My empirical workaround was removing string

Code: Select all

Caption=’’
from TeeFLineEdi.dfm
and rebuild TeeUI85.bpl.
For those having no source code – use Delphi-oriented resource editor like XN Resource Editor (http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk) to edit directly TeeUI85.bpl.
It seems that Delphi 5 does not accept in .dfm default values of properties like '' for string; clDefault for TColor etc, therefore some examples in Tee8New demo (for Delphi 5) do not work (e.g. Circular Gauge).
If I’m not the very last Mohegan using Delphi 5 hope this helps to others
Regards, Alexander
=================
TeeChart Pro v8.05, Delphi 5 & Turbo Delphi Professional for Win32., Delphi & C++Builder 2009

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:59 am

Hi Alexander,
Error reading FastLineSeriesEditor.Caption: invalid property value.
My empirical workaround was removing string
Code:
Caption=’’
Yes, your're correct, this bug has been already fixed here in the latest sources.
like '' for string; clDefault for TColor etc, therefore some examples in Tee8New demo (for Delphi 5) do not work (e.g. Circular Gauge).
If I’m not the very last Mohegan using Delphi 5 hope this helps to others
Yes, I can reproduce them here with the TeeNew project. We'll review all the TeeNew samples in order to fix them for the next maintenance release.

Many thanks for the report !