TeeChart Pro 7.12 not installing properly?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
aholloway

TeeChart Pro 7.12 not installing properly?

Post by aholloway » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:57 pm

Hi there,

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to install the binaries for TeeChart Pro 7.12 to work with Delphi 2007 for Win32. I have verified that the correct TeeChart path is appearing in the Environment Variables for Delphi. The product seems to have registered correctly during the install. However, there are no TeeChart tools appearing in the Tool Palette and projects that contain the TChart component give errors when I try to view the forms.

Is there some step I'm missing? Or does this situation indicate a particular system setup error or something like that? Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
A.

Bert B.

Post by Bert B. » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:15 am

Hello,

Have you used the TeeRecompile and TeeInstall applications to install TeeChart in the Delphi environment?
At some point I had to uninstall and then install the packages, but that worked for me.

Bert

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:26 am

Hi aholloway,

Note that to make TeeChart run correctly once installed, you need to have the correct search path at your environment and you need to have installed the teechart component at your palette list. But also your environment needs to be "clean" of older teechart versions.

So, please, check out that the new teechart path (and not the old) is in your search path and the same for your palette list.

The instructions Bert pointed to you are automatic tools to do the same (well, TeeRecompile is only for source-code customers and also compiles the sources).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

aholloway

Post by aholloway » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi Yeray & Bert,

Thanks for the help. I did have some old files hanging around that had to be deleted. The path was correct in the environment options but the component was not installed in the tool palette.

Sincerely,
Alicia