Printing TChart with text from annotate or rect tool

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Hardee

Printing TChart with text from annotate or rect tool

Post by Hardee » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:38 pm

Hello,

I have a box plot where I have put some text using the annotation tool and rectangle tool. I wanted to see which looks and works best. The text in these tools is not printed when I print the chart. I set the ParentChart property of the ChartTool objects but it doesn't help.

Can you tell me the best way to put text on a chart and make sure it is printed with the chart. Can you point me to examples where there is drawing text on a chart (how to draw it, how to position it, etc.) I am not quite understanding it and can't find it in the examples.

I know I can set the buttons on the TeeCommander to not visible, but can I have the TeeCommander with just the print and save buttons and no separator and no blank spots where the other buttons were?

Thanks very much.

Hardee Mahoney
Washington, DC.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:44 am

Hi Hardee,
I have a box plot where I have put some text using the annotation tool and rectangle tool. I wanted to see which looks and works best. The text in these tools is not printed when I print the chart. I set the ParentChart property of the ChartTool objects but it doesn't help.
Text in the tools should be printed. Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here? You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.
Can you tell me the best way to put text on a chart and make sure it is printed with the chart. Can you point me to examples where there is drawing text on a chart (how to draw it, how to position it, etc.) I am not quite understanding it and can't find it in the examples.
You can use the tools you already mentioned or you can custom draw on TeeChart's canvas. You'll find more information about this in Tutorial 13 - Custom drawing on the Chart Panel. Tutorials can be found at TeeChart's program group.
I know I can set the buttons on the TeeCommander to not visible, but can I have the TeeCommander with just the print and save buttons and no separator and no blank spots where the other buttons were?

You'll find an example of this searching for custom buttons in the new features demo available at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum