AV when drawing 3D chart

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ToniK

AV when drawing 3D chart

Post by ToniK » Wed May 23, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi,

We are getting access violations from TeeChart 7.11 while doing SVG export from a chart. The problem occurs if the first drawn chart is 3D. Non-3D charts work as expected.

We tracked the problem to be related to TWinControl initialization. We are running SVG export in server environment. It calls TCustomTeePanel.CreateParams (TeeProcs unit) while getting the window handle, which in turn has line

Code: Select all

InternalCanvas.View3DOptions:=nil;
Later while exporting the chart that options instance is accessed and result is access violation. This also leaks a small amount of memory. Is it safe to comment that line in order to fix the problem? Or even better, how can we prevent this from out own code?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed May 23, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi Tonik,

Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?

You can send your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

ToniK

Post by ToniK » Thu May 24, 2007 10:22 am

Hi Narcis,

I'm unable to reproduce the AV in smaller test project. We used to export chart as a raster image, but the code path has slightly changed in our newer version.

I'll try to provide you more details about the AV. But I don't have much time for this since the code I send earlier seems to work for us.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu May 24, 2007 10:27 am

Hi Tonik,

Thanks for the information.
I'll try to provide you more details about the AV. But I don't have much time for this since the code I send earlier seems to work for us.
It's important for us being able to reproduce the issues here so that we can try to find a solution to them or test your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum