Cross DLL/EXE TChart forms do not work correctly.

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
RGSMike

Cross DLL/EXE TChart forms do not work correctly.

Post by RGSMike » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:37 pm

Due to the current restriction of only one DLL containing TChart run time code, I have had attempted to create and use TChart code across multiple DLL/EXE files. I am attempting to use a TChartEditorPanel and TChart.

In the test case, the TChartEditorPanel and TChart are created in a DLL, and these panels are "attached" to a form in the EXE. When the program executes, the TChartEditorPanel and TChart are displayed, but the Editor is not fully formed. The Tree is not populated.

There are further processing problems. For example, when adding a series, the Chart Gallery is opened and processed. The resulting series is added to the series list (in the editor) but not the tree. It is also added to the TChart. In this case, if you add Data to the chart, it will be reflected in the TChart, but is done so incorrectly.

Some things do work correctly, such as Titles, but not all things work. In some cases the processing becomes "confused" and refuses to make changes.

I am currently using TChartPro 7.08.

Test Case Available: Reference Test Case 1.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure what you refer here, I've been testing your project and it seems that all is fine. The "TreeView" is only available for the ChartEditor component.
In case you were referencing to other problems please let me know the steps I must do in order to reproduce the problem here.

RGSMike

Post by RGSMike » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:55 pm

I am using the ChartEditorPanel component. This component apparently shows the Tree by default.

Please refer to TeeChart New Features demo. Select the All Features tab. Navigate to the ChartEditorPanel demo: Components / Chart Editor / Embedded. This demo shows the ChartEditorPanel with a fully populated Tree.

Under different circumstances, I was able to get the ChartEditorPanel to display correctly, but it was an even more complex situation than the one I presented in the test case.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:02 pm

Hi,

yes, was my fault, I'm able to reproduce the problem, it's a bug, the TreeVew mode does not work fine for the TChartEditorPanel component, I've added this defect on our bug/wish list to be considered for the next releases.
In meantime a workaround is to use it without TreeView mode, it can be changed by right-clicking over the Chart (at design time), select "Options" and set the mode to False.