TMapSeries and 7.05

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
racso

TMapSeries and 7.05

Post by racso » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:05 pm

Hi.
I am looking for a way to save/load polygon data from/to TMapSeries, and wonder if the following statement from the Release.txt indicates that it is now possible (and how this is implemented);

"TMapSeries Assign and design-time / run-time persistence of polygon points to *.tee streams.
"

Thanks.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:24 pm

Hi rasco,

This means that TMapSeries polygons can be stored and retrieved using .tee files (TeeChart native file format). For more information on how to use TMapSeries I'd suggest you to have a look at TeeChart's features demo and TeeMaps demo. Features demo is available at TeeChart's program group, TeeMaps demo can be found at TeeChart "Examples" folder.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

racso

Post by racso » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:51 pm

Yes, I am aware of how to handle TMapSeries. I use my own routines to import/export ESRI SHP, AutoDesk DXF and other vector formats, but when using the SaveChartToFile method, still no data is saved with the template. I hoped that this had been solved in 7.05. If there is another method to use for saving native .tee files with MapSeries polygons, I would appreciate a clarification.

Thanks.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:34 pm

Hi racso,

It works fine here using v7.06, which will be available at our Customer Download Area in a few hours, when TMapSeries is manually populated. It just doesn't work when the series use random data as generated for FillSampleValues method.

Could you please try creating a blank project, adding a TChart with a TMapSeries and a TTeeCommander to it. Finally use the code below?

Code: Select all

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  SaveChartToFile(Chart1,'c:\TestApps\Delphi7\myChart.tee',True);
end;

procedure TForm1.Button2Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  LoadChartfromFile(TCustomChart(Chart1),'c:\TestApps\Delphi7\myChart.tee');
  self.ChartGrid1.Refresh;
end;

procedure TForm1.Chart1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  Chart1.RemoveAllSeries;
end;
When you run it you should use the TTeeCommander "Edit" button, go to Series -> DataSource tab and select "Manual" datasource. Then export the chart using TButton1, clear the chart clicking on it and load the previously save .tee file. This works fine here, can you please if this works at your end?
Best Regards,
Steema Software

IIHR

Post by IIHR » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:49 pm

dear racso,

I am trying to import ESRI SHP file (point, polyline, Polygon) to TeeChart, but could not find appropriate ways. I saw TMapSeries example in Borland folder, but too complicated to understand it. You said you have "your own routines to import/export ESRI SHP". Could you please share your code with users? If you have Borland C++ code, it will be great help to me.

Thank you in advance.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:19 am

Hi IIHR,

You may also be interested in checking TeeMaps example which uses shape files and full sources are included at, for example:

C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.08 for Delphi 2006\Examples\TeeMaps
Best Regards,
Steema Software