Can't build when "Use debug DCUs" is unselected

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
neo

Can't build when "Use debug DCUs" is unselected

Post by neo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:39 pm

I'm using TeeChart 7.04 with Delphi 2005.

I can't build my project when I uncheck the "Use debug DCUs" project option. The error message I'm getting is "Unit TeeEdit was compiled with a different version of Chart.TCustomChart".

However, when I reenable the "Use debug DCUs" option, the project compiles without any errors. The Structure panel does show an error though, which says, "TChartAxis does not contain a member called CalcPosPoint", but this does not prevent the build from completing.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:24 am

Hello,

This is most likely Delphi 2005 is still referencing old TeeChart packages.

You should make sure that you don't have old TeeChart files installed on your machine and you should also check that your Delphi 2005 is not referencing old TeeChart files. Remove old TeeChart packages from Project -> Options -> Packages. Also remove old TeeChart search paths from Project -> Options -> Directories/Conditionals -> Search Path list and make sure that new TeeChart version "Bin" and "Lib" folders are in top of that list. Finally check the left-bottom "Default" checkbox, accept changes and exit Delphi 2005.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

neo

Post by neo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:36 pm

Thank you, moving the search paths in the Tools->Options->Environment Options list appears to have fixed the problem.

I noticed that there are a lot of TeeChart component files in my C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\3.0\lib directory. I see tee.dcp, TeeAbout.dcu, TeeAbout.dfm and about 20 others. Are these left over from an old version of TeeChart, or are they part of the 7.04 distribution?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:06 am

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you solved the problem.

Those files you found belong to TeeChart v4.04 Standard shipped with Delphi 2005. A correct installation should have backuped them to C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\3.0\lib\Backup_TeeChart folder. Please backup and remove those files as they can give you other path proplems in the future.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum