Spacing of characters in WMF

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Ed

Spacing of characters in WMF

Post by Ed » Tue May 31, 2005 7:38 pm

I am getting a few complains from users in printing out a chart that contain the word 'Growth'--it appears that that there is a space between the 'w' and the 't', i.e. 'Grow th'. I have reproduced this in a demo that shows a similar problem at run time with a WMF image (but it does not occur with a bitmap (there is a check box in the demo to show this) or if I directly print the chart to the printer, i.e. Chart1.Print).

The demo can be downloaded from:

www.retireneeds.com/files/TeeChartGrowthSpacing.zip

Note that the problem is more apparent in a print out.

Any suggestions on solving this?

Thanks
Ed Dressel

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:48 am

Hi Ed,

Thank you very much for your demo but it seems to work fine here using latest TeeChart version (v7.04). Which TeeChart version are you using?
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Ed

Post by Ed » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:51 pm

Thank you very much for your demo but it seems to work fine here using latest TeeChart version (v7.04). Which TeeChart version are you using?[/quote]

7.04. The problem is much more subtle when showing in the graphics adapter vs. the printer. But the ‘w’ and ‘t’ do not touch vs. all of the other characters do. A few of my users see ‘grow’ and ‘th’ as separate words.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:37 am

Hi Ed,

maybe the problem is the video card driver. Have you tried another compatible video card driver (check if there's a new version in the manufacturer web).