accessing hidden internal series data

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
gm770

accessing hidden internal series data

Post by gm770 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:55 pm

There are a few chart series which contiain multiple series. For example MACD function has 3, and Boilinger Bands functions has 2. with TChartGrid object, set to a particular chart, you can see this data, using names you can't re-assign. How can I access this data? I need to read this data.

Here is how you can see what I'm talking about:
1) add a TChart, and add a MACD function using a Candle Series you have somewhere else.
2) add a TChartGrid, and assign the Chart property to the chart added in #1.
Now in the TChartGrid, you can clearly see 3 series, the 1st one you can change the name, and access it directly, the next 2 is what I'm trying to access. Does anyone know how to access these 2 hidden internal series?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:31 pm

Hi gm770,

Using Chart1.SeriesCount; you will see the number of series you have on the chart, then you can address them using Chart1. or Chart1.Series. where i is the series index that goes from 0 to Chart1.SeriesCount -1.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

gm770

Post by gm770 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:12 pm

Thanks Narcis, this solves my problem.

Doing addional reasearch, I was suprised to find out that these internal series each have a NULL where it's name would be, and that you can't get to them from thier parents' LinkedSeries property, which is also NULL.
I don't think there is any other way to get to these intenal Series objects without the methods you mentioned.