GetPointerStyle pointer.color problem

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
jhum

GetPointerStyle pointer.color problem

Post by jhum » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:43 am

Hi,

I am porting a program from Delphi XE (Teechart Pro 2011) to Delphi XE3 (Teechart Pro 2012).
In Delphi XE with Teechart Pro 2011 I use the GetPointerStyle to color a point. This works just fine. Every individual point can be colored this way. Also the shape can be altered.
The same code for the program in Delphi XE3 with TeeChart Pro 2012 does not work for the color property. The style (shape) and pen properties do work, only the color (and brush) properties does not seem to have any effect...
How can I solve this problem?

Kind regards,
jhum

jhum

Re: GetPointerStyle pointer.color problem

Post by jhum » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi,

Problem: setting the color of an individual point (pointer.color) in the event GetPointerStyle does not work in TeeChart 2012 anymore.
Probably this was a Undocumented Feature in Teechart before this release of 2012 :)

Work around: a routine which set the color of each individual point is called at the event BeforeDrawValues. Now I use the property ValueColor[Index] instead of the property pointer.Color. To change the style of each point, the GetPointerStyle can be used.

Best regards,
jhum

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GetPointerStyle pointer.color problem

Post by Yeray » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi,

Yes, this was a bug we already fixed as commented here.

On the other hand, you may also be interested in the workaround here
This is basically the same workaround you mention. The only difference is the moment to apply it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy