Units from TeeChart Pro not found by IDE

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
például

Units from TeeChart Pro not found by IDE

Post by például » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:50 pm

My company subscribes to TeeChart Pro 2013 Full Source Code for Delphi. We have installed the software with Delphi XE4 using the setup kit, however some components are not found by the IDE when opening Delphi units that include them. For example TTeeCommander is not found when opening a unit that declares TeeComma in the uses clause. I have checked, and the path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 2013 Full Source Code\Sources\Compiled\Delphi18.win32\Lib
is included under Tools > Options > Library. Moreover, VCLTee.TeeComma.dcu is in this folder.

Do I need to install a package with the install package wizard? I don't see anything resembling TeeChart Pro under Project > Options > Packages. Should I?

Thanks for your support.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Units from TeeChart Pro not found by IDE

Post by Yeray » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi,

Try adding VCLTee to the "unit scope names"
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 277#p61277
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

például

Post by például » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Unfortunately, adding VCLTee in the location you suggested does not help. Also, adding VCLTee.TeeComma instead of TeeComma does not help. It does not seem to be an issue with scoping.

I'm finding other problems such as when opening a number of files I get TChart not found despite VCLTee.Chart being included in the uses.

Do you have any other guesses?

például

Post by például » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Interestingly, adding the package DclTee918.bpl manually through the IDE (and DclTree2D18Tee9.bpl though I don't think this one is relevant) and adding the path to the corresponding .dcp to the Library path clears up my issue with TChart being missing.

However, the problem with TTeeCommander remains.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:30 am

Hi,

It sounds as a problem with the paths. I'd suggest you to check a new simple example project with just a chart on the form. If this doesn't work fine, I'd suggest you to reinstall the component running TeeRecompile utility.
If a simple example project with just a chart on the form works fine, I'd also add a Commander and see if it works fine.
If the simple example works but not your application yet, I'd suggest you to edit the project files manually (with notepad or similar) and correct any wrong reference you may find in it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy