Still problems with Trial TeeChart 2013

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Metman
Advanced

Still problems with Trial TeeChart 2013

Post by Metman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:42 am

Hi

I have updated the trial with the version you updated last week and there are now new problems with fonts.

I have added added the canvas and set to default as suggested but as you can see from screenshot 1 the titles come out OK but the axis titles and labels are all system fonts when they should all be Segoe UI. The problem is still there if you switch to Arial. As far as I can see if the font is bigger than 9 it's fine but if smaller it defaults to the system font.

Why you rebuilt the trial version was to fixed the points problem - if you remember the center of the point wasn't being filled correctly. The good news is that is now fixed. The bad news is that all the lines are now fuzzy and not sharp AND the font problem is present I described above which all in all leaves a very poor unprofessional finish (see screenshot 2).

If you can't fix the trial then I am going to have to version 8 which at least produce a good clean quality chart.
I am so glad that this a just a trial and I haven't wasted 300 Euros!

Bruce.
Attachments
Capture2.jpg
Capture2.jpg (87.04 KiB) Viewed 8677 times
Capture3.jpg
Screenshot 2
Capture3.jpg (422.98 KiB) Viewed 8677 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Still problems with Trial TeeChart 2013

Post by Yeray » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 am

Hi Bruce,

Just a note. The last build v2013.08, as you say, fixes the problem with the pointer brush, just note it includes many more improvements. Take a look at the release notes.
Metman wrote:The bad news is that all the lines are now fuzzy and not sharp AND the font problem is present I described above which all in all leaves a very poor unprofessional finish (see screenshot 2).
Regarding the problem with the fonts, does the suggestion here doesn't improve it?
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 846#p61886

Regarding the lines, it sounds like you are using AntiAlias, isn't it? Note the latest version moved the default canvas from GDI to GDI+, that uses AntiAlias in the lines. If you want to try with GDI:

Code: Select all

Chart1.Canvas:=TTeeCanvas3D.Create;
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Metman
Advanced

Post by Metman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Yeray

Good news - swapping to GDI fixed the problems with the font and the fuzzy lines!

Can you explain why I can't use GDI+ - I'll re-phrase that question - why are charts so poor in GDI+ when using Windows 7 and Delphi 2007?

Do I have to add that code to create a 3D canvas each time I use a TeeChart component or can I somehow switch to it at design time?

When working in the IDE I now get a completely distorted view of what I end up with at run time it's not WYSIWYG anymore (see screenshot). If I switched to using TeeChart 2013 in Delphi XE3 would that problem disappear?

Bruce.
Capture1.jpg
Capture1.jpg (319.75 KiB) Viewed 8639 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi Bruce,
Metman wrote:Good news - swapping to GDI fixed the problems with the font and the fuzzy lines!
Great! :)
Metman wrote:Can you explain why I can't use GDI+ - I'll re-phrase that question - why are charts so poor in GDI+ when using Windows 7 and Delphi 2007?
It's actually a point of view. We think GDI+ looks better than GDI. GDI+ uses antialiased lines and texts that look smoother in the majority of cases. That's why we moved the default Canvas to GDI+.
Metman wrote:Do I have to add that code to create a 3D canvas each time I use a TeeChart component or can I somehow switch to it at design time?

When working in the IDE I now get a completely distorted view of what I end up with at run time it's not WYSIWYG anymore (see screenshot). If I switched to using TeeChart 2013 in Delphi XE3 would that problem disappear?
You can change the default canvas to be GDI again. At design time, open the "Options" dialog in the contextual menu (right click on the chart), go to the last tab "New Chart". In this window, change the "Render" option from GDI+ to GDI. Close the menu and the IDE. From now on, the new charts should be created with GDI, as before.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Metman
Advanced

Post by Metman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks Yeray you've been a great help!
The jury's still out as far as I'm concerned with the latest version though :?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi Bruce,

I'm sorry to hear you don't like the default look in the latest version.
I believe we've addressed all the doubts you've asked for here. Don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong or if you find any other problem or suggestion in the latest version, and hopefully we'll have a (even) better product to offer you in a next release.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Metman
Advanced

Post by Metman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Yeray

Sorry to be so negative about your latest efforts!

It's just that if I don't roll back I will have to revisit a lot of forms and change settings and add code just to reproduce what I already had in v8.0.8!

Plus the fact I did have the full pro-version without that annoying nag screen - but that's progress - I'm sure there are things in the new release that I may get round to using - the Google finance dual graph like functionality maybe one of them.

Bruce.