Unable to open include file VCLTee.Chart.hpp with Windows 7

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Bill

Unable to open include file VCLTee.Chart.hpp with Windows 7

Post by Bill » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi,

I have just installed Windows 7 on my machine. Installed BCB XE 2 Pro. Installed TeeChart Pro v2012.05.120327. When I start BCB XE 2, I can see that TeeChart Std is not removed from the Tool Palette as it did in Windows XP. So I have TeeChart Std and TeeChart Pro both listed on the Tool Palette. Is this correct?

When I drag a TChart component from TeeChart Std on to the form and compile it, I get the error msg : Unable to open include file VCLTee.Chart.hpp. I checked the environment variables settings, they are set correctly. What is the issue? I did not see this issue with Windows XP.

Thanks

-Bill

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to open include file VCLTee.Chart.hpp with Windows 7

Post by Yeray » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:41 am

Hi Bill,
Bill wrote:So I have TeeChart Std and TeeChart Pro both listed on the Tool Palette. Is this correct?
Do you see two TChart components in the palette? Or just two sections, one with the Pro version of the components that came with the IDE, and one with the *new* components added by the Pro version?
I guess it's just that the old TeeChart section in the palette is maintained even if the components inside have been upgraded to the Pro version.
If that's the case, you can always reorganize the palette manually.
Bill wrote:When I drag a TChart component from TeeChart Std on to the form and compile it, I get the error msg : Unable to open include file VCLTee.Chart.hpp. I checked the environment variables settings, they are set correctly. What is the issue? I did not see this issue with Windows XP.
Please check the Include and Library paths in "Tools\Options...\Environment Options\C++ Options\Paths and Directories\" (Selected Platform: 32-bit Windows): Check the Include list has the reference to the "Delphi16.win32\Include" path (from your TeeChart installation) in the top of the list.
Check the Library list has two references, one to "\Delphi16.win32\Lib\Obj" and one to "\Delphi16.win32\Lib" (both from your TeeChart installation) in the top of the list.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Bill

Post by Bill » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Apparently the include and lib file references where not added to the C++ options. The issue is resolved after the references are added. TeeChart installation should have added these PATH references? The PATH references are there with Windows XP.

Thanks

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi Bill,

I'm glad to hear it works fine for you.
We will check it for the next maintenance releases.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy