TeeRecompile fails installing TeeChart for Delphi XE2

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Pierre Yager

TeeRecompile fails installing TeeChart for Delphi XE2

Post by Pierre Yager » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi,

I renewed my subscription today so I can download the TeeSource 2011 "Preview" for XE2. I tried to run TeeRecompile.exe but I ran into several errors :
  • TeeRecompile first failed to start because it needed FastMM_FullDebugMode.dll. I provided the required DLL from FastMM 4.99 source tree but I still have errors. After some research on this forum I found several more recent versions of TeeRecompile.exe that started without errors (but still requiring the FastMM_FullDebugMode.dll)
  • TeeRecompile.exe must be started with administrator rights on Windows Vista and Windows 7 because it needs to override some files from "Program Files" subfolders. Could you please provide the TeeRecompile.exe with the ad-hoc manifest resource so that Windows would automatically ask for Administrator rights ?
  • TeeRecompile succeeded installing TeeChart for RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi and C++)
  • What's VERY strange is that TeeRecompile.exe doesn't recognize Delphi as a valid personnality for RAD Studio XE2 (Update 2), in the "Installed environments" list it shows "RAD XE2.(Win32/Win64/MacOSX/iOS) v16 (RAD XE v9 Enterprise) (C++)" and not (Delphi and C++...) as for Delphi 2010
  • It fails installing TeeChart for XE2 : the error message after "Generating Scoped Unit" is
    Cannot copy file: D:\RAD Studio\Composants\Crisalid\teechart\Sources\FMXTee.Chart.ListBox.pas to D:\RAD Studio\Composants\Crisalid\teechart\Sources\FMX\FMXTee.Chart.ListBox.pas

Error Code: 2 Description: The specified file cannot be found (Le fichier spécifié est introuvable in French)
Can you help me ?

Regards,

--
Pierre

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeRecompile fails installing TeeChart for Delphi XE2

Post by Yeray » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Bonjour Pierre,
Pierre Yager wrote:TeeRecompile first failed to start because it needed FastMM_FullDebugMode.dll. I provided the required DLL from FastMM 4.99 source tree but I still have errors. After some research on this forum I found several more recent versions of TeeRecompile.exe that started without errors (but still requiring the FastMM_FullDebugMode.dll)
Pierre Yager wrote:What's VERY strange is that TeeRecompile.exe doesn't recognize Delphi as a valid personnality for RAD Studio XE2 (Update 2), in the "Installed environments" list it shows "RAD XE2.(Win32/Win64/MacOSX/iOS) v16 (RAD XE v9 Enterprise) (C++)" and not (Delphi and C++...) as for Delphi 2010
Pierre Yager wrote:It fails installing TeeChart for XE2 : the error message after "Generating Scoped Unit" is
Cannot copy file: D:\RAD Studio\Composants\Crisalid\teechart\Sources\FMXTee.Chart.ListBox.pas to D:\RAD Studio\Composants\Crisalid\teechart\Sources\FMX\FMXTee.Chart.ListBox.pas

Error Code: 2 Description: The specified file cannot be found (Le fichier spécifié est introuvable in French)
We are aware of these three problems/issues. Please, understand this is a PreRelease version that still needs some work before being a final release.
In the meanwhile, note that being source code customer also gives you the access to the binary installers (and it's actually very recommended so you can have access to the examples and the help files) and there is a TeeChart Pro PreRelease version recently published too. You could give it a try.
Pierre Yager wrote:TeeRecompile.exe must be started with administrator rights on Windows Vista and Windows 7 because it needs to override some files from "Program Files" subfolders. Could you please provide the TeeRecompile.exe with the ad-hoc manifest resource so that Windows would automatically ask for Administrator rights ?
I've added it to the wish list to be implemented in future releases (TV52015826).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy