Installation Error for TeeChart & & BC++ 6

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
IIHR

Installation Error for TeeChart & & BC++ 6

Post by IIHR » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:21 pm

To whom it may concern,

I am having a problem getting TeeChart 7 to install properly. I am running Win XP, Borland C++ 6.

After the install completes and starts to run the Teeinstall application the log gives this error..

EXCEPTION:
Can't load package C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7 for C++ Builder 6\BuilderC6\Bin\DclTee7C6.bpl.
The system cannot find the file specified
--------------------------------------------

then if I click Begin I get this error...

Compilation started: 2004-08-11 오후 3:19:24

C++Builder 6 Professional
Tee7C6
EXCEPTION:
Cannot open file "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7 for C++ Builder 6\CBuilder6\Lib\Tee7C6.bpk". The system cannot find the file specified
--------------------------------------------

if I cancel this Teeinstall app, the TeeChart Installer says that it has finished successfully but when I open up BC++ and create a chart and check the About.. properties it says I am running version 4.04 (or something like that) does anyone have any insight as to what might be going on,

Thank you in advance

Dane Rider
IIHR ~ Hydroscience and Engineering

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:21 am

Hi Dane,

you're correct, we're aware of this. The only problem is the path in the installer is not correct (changed letter i.e. instead of CBuilder6 we use BuilderC6). A temporary solution is to manually add design time packages to BCB package list (can be done with couple of clicks) or create the folder manually before do the installation. We'll fix this problem and post a new installers shortly.

Also, before do the install remove all the old teeChart components from the Package List (in the Menu -> Components -> Install packages ).