Undo Redo

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Nicho

Undo Redo

Post by Nicho » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:37 pm

There were the questions about Undo \ Redo inbuilt functionality for TChart in 2007, are you planning to implement it soon?
I am using TDragPoint and other inbuilt functions, in this case SaveChartToStream and LoadChartFromStream not returning the correct TChart.
Also very often if multi Series are in Chart, it changes the Series number (Series3 could be swapped with Series1 ).

Can you suggest a work around? Please give me the approximate date of implementation inbuilt UndoRedo.

Thank you

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Undo Redo

Post by Yeray » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Nicho,

I guess you refer to this issue: TF02012223
I've added the same to the VCL wish list to be implemented in future releases (TV52015229).

I've incremented the issue priority. However I'm afraid I can't tell you when this will be implemented.
Nicho wrote:I am using TDragPoint and other inbuilt functions, in this case SaveChartToStream and LoadChartFromStream not returning the correct TChart.
I've tried to reproduce it with the following example but everything seems to work as expected. Doesn't it for you?

Code: Select all

uses Series, TeeStore, TeExport, TeeEditPRO, TeeDragPoint;

var tmpStream: TStream;

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
var i: Integer;
begin
  for i:=0 to 1 do with Chart1.AddSeries(TPointSeries) do
  begin
    FillSampleValues(6);
    Color:=RGB(random(255), random(255), random(255));
    with Chart1.Tools.Add(TDragPointTool) as TDragPointTool do Series:=Chart1[i];
  end;

Chart1[0].Title:='A';
  Chart1[1].Title:='B';
end;

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  Chart1.ExchangeSeries(0,1);
end;

procedure TForm1.Button2Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  tmpStream:=TMemoryStream.Create;

SaveChartToStream(Chart1, tmpStream, true, true);

tmpStream.Position:=0;
  LoadChartFromStream(TCustomChart(Chart2), tmpStream);

tmpStream.Free;
end;
Nicho wrote:Also very often if multi Series are in Chart, it changes the Series number (Series3 could be swapped with Series1 ).
I've seen some strange behaviour with the colors of the series (that I've solved assigning a color to the series as in the example above), but nothing about the series names.

Could you please send us a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problems here?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy