Problem After Saving Chart From Tee Comander with GDI+

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
madupree

Problem After Saving Chart From Tee Comander with GDI+

Post by madupree » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Use Pro 2010 VCL with RAD Studio 2010
After using Tee Commander to save a chart, once complete the chart begin to clear and refresh itself continuously.
If I go to 3D tab, Render and select GDI instead of GDI+ this continuous clear and repaint stops.
Also moving the mouse on and off the chart seems to effect this behavior

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem After Saving Chart From Tee Comander with GDI+

Post by Yeray » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi madupree,

Are you using the latest version available in the client area?
If not, please, try with the 7th September "non-stable" release.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

madupree

Post by madupree » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:41 pm

This behavior was with ver 2010 .00 .00407.
I will try this new release and lst you know
Regards
Mike

madupree

Post by madupree » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi Yeray,
This new release appears to correct this issue.
At first I had an issue with re-compiling the code as the AntiAliasText property changed from a boolean, and it wasn't clear what the needed property was, as the help still called for a boolean, and the code completion was misleading.
All seems to work now.
Just for knowledge, what was the problem forcing the constant clear and repaints?
Regards
Mike

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Mike,

Here there are the discussions we had regarding a similar problem. Fixing it probably fixed the problem you were experimenting too.
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... =3&t=11250
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... =3&t=11256
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

madupree

Post by madupree » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:54 am

Hi Yeray,
Upon further testing there stills seems to be a problem when using GDI+.
It is not the constant clear and repaint, this time, Click the Editor button in TeeCommander, after closing the editor it left squares in the charts which corresponed to the colors of each of the plot elements. In this case it was stacked bar charts.
This again was with the non stable version
Mike

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:11 am

Hi Mike,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem here but I'm not 100% sure on how should I do that. Could you please let us know the exact steps we should follow to reproduce the issue here?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

madupree

Post by madupree » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:51 am

Hi Narcis,
For this issue, the saving chart is not the place to start, this was the new issue I found after updating to the latest non-stable release. The charts are defined at design time, this happens with either bars(Chart) or lines(DBChart).
After the application has started, before any data is added if I start the editor from the button on TeeCommander, and then close the editor, the symbol for each bar or line is left on the left on the chart. If anything happens that forces a repaint of the chart the symbol go away. You can try to zoom, clicking on the chart if there is a event for clicking, basically forcing the chart to repaint. Ig I do the same with GHI selected rather than GDI+ (from 3D Render editor), then no problem
Hope this helps
Mike

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Mike,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue here using our current sources. I create a new project, drop a TChart component at the form, add a TBarSeries at design-time, add a TTeeCommander and a TTeeGDIPlus component associated to the chart and enabled. I run the application, open the chart editor and close it. Is this the way I should proceed? Can you please attach a screen-shot of what you get?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

madupree

Post by madupree » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi narcis,
Sorry for the delay in responding.
I have attached a screensot and a small app that caused it.
Not sure how this fits, while away I needed to update my mobile PC, with the latest release.
While attempting to install this release(non-stable) the install failed. Trying to recompile, this also failed looking for a package/file **814. This PC did have the Pro VCL version running and all seemed well. In my panic mode, I tried uninstall all the version 9 code, then re-install only the latest, still no good. I looked and the last version 8 was 8.04, so I updated to the last version 8, then installed v9, there are still some conflicts, however I was able to compile the application I was working on.
The exe from this build would not exhibit the artifact issue. The exe attached was from a development machine that the V9 ns version installed with no problems. Maybe there is a build error causing my problem?
Regards
Mike
Attachments
Paint_GDIPlus.png
Paint_GDIPlus.png (120.02 KiB) Viewed 15437 times
Paint_GDIPlus.png
Paint_GDIPlus.png (120.02 KiB) Viewed 15429 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Mike,

I think you've mistaken and attached two times the image but the sample application.
It would be helpful if you could send it to us so we can see if we can reproduce it here.

However, if you can get a working build in a machine and another build that reproduces the problem in another machine, it would probably be due to some confusion in the search or library paths. And I'm pretty sure there will be some conflicts in your IDE after the install-unistall-... process you followed while in panic mode :)
Regarding this, I'd recommend you to uninstall all the TeeCharts you have installed for this IDE, do some manual clean (explained bellow), and reinstall the latest TeeChart. Then try to create a new simple example project, check that it compiles and runs correctly. Add a Chart into the form. Check that it still works fine. Now, if your old project still gives you errors, it will probably be because it has old Teechart references in the project. So close the project, edit the dpr (or bpr) manually (with notepad or similar) and correct the references manually.

Manual Clean:
- Open your IDE and, with no project opened, navigate through the Library and Search paths (Include path if C++Builder) and remove any TeeChart reference.
- Optionally you could remove (or backup) the *tee* files you can find in your IDE's lib and bin folder, and also in your Windows\System32 folder.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

madupree

Post by madupree » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi Yeray,
Itried to do the cleanup and re-install and while doing this the license activation server complained about incorrect username and password with error 3243153. So the problems are always new.

Back to the main problem with the repaints and atrifacts, it seems I did not fully understand how to produce the problem.
I clicked the Edit button on the Commander, then Closed the editor, No problem. I switched tabs, as the application has several tabs, with the Chart on a tab, came back to the tab with the chart and the artifacts appear, (the sysmbols for the chart ). if I do the same with Buffered Display not selected on 3D/ Render / GDI+ then then is not problem. With this option not selected, when you close the editor, the chart do a repaint once, you see the items painting. For the filcker you do not get the artifacts.
Regards
Mike

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi Mike,

I could now reproduce the problem so I've added it to the defect list to be fixed asap (TV52015202).
It seems that for some reason, when you put some window over the left part of the chart, the legend symbols are repeated there.
Thanks for reporting this.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

madupree

Post by madupree » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi Yeray,
Glad we got this understood.
Now my problem is with the constant attempts to re-install I have exceeded the activation limit.
if you can also help here, it would be great.
Regards
Mike

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi Mike,

We've already fixed the problem with the legend symbols [TV52015202]. It will be available with the next maintenance release.
Regarding the activation limit, we've readjusted it. Don't hesitate to let us know if you continue having problems with it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software