EOutOfSystemResources

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Claes

EOutOfSystemResources

Post by Claes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi!

I'm developing a system using TeeChart for IntraWeb, running Delphi 2009. I'm a bit stressed since the system is to be used within the next few days (publicly at that) and there is an instability that I have traced down to:

tmp:=TeeCreateBitmap(Color,Rect(0,0,Width,Height));

Which is In:

Function TIWChart.RenderHTML(AContext: TIWBaseHTMLComponentContext):TIWHTMLTag; (IWCompTeeChart)

I intermittently get an EOutOfResources when I do this. I have four graphs and they are rendered at size 600X500. I tried to comment out {$DEFINE TEECHARTSTANDARD} in order to use the alternative method, but then it complains that the main IW form does not have a parent window.

It doesn't happen under any terrible strain to the system, but it becomes more frequent when many sessions are working at the same time. I get it both at my laptop which has a 512MB graphics card (but I use a high resolution) and at servers that only have meager 32MB graphics adapters.

So my two question are:

1) What can I do about this? Is it the graphics adapter memory that runs out?

2) Granted that it is the graphics mem that runs out, what can I do to reduce the load? Could I serialize the graph drawing or something like that? That wouldn't be much of a problem perhaps since I anyway do computations towards 10s time, so if it has to wait a sec or two extra is no big deal?

3) Would being able to use the FPicture.Assign(FChart); (that gives me an error, see above) circumvent this problem? If so, what could it be that prevents it from working now?

4) A better graphics adapter?

Many thanks in advance,
Claes

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EOutOfSystemResources

Post by Yeray » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi Claes,

Could you please tell us what exact TeeChart and IntraWeb version are you using?
Could you please try to arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here?

When we'll have this info and while we investigate it, I recommend you to take a look at the Real-time Charting article here and try to use as many tips as possible to improve your application performance.
Specifically, the autorepaint as false/true could be the most interesting tip for you to minimize the number of times the chart will be repainted and it could help if the main problem is in the TeeCreateBitmap.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy