Strange error after installing latest 8.06 version

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
johnnix
Advanced

Strange error after installing latest 8.06 version

Post by johnnix » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:04 am

Hello all,

Here is a strange behavior I get after installing the latest 8.06 from sources.

I used TeeRecompile with Install Packages into IDE selected (as usual) and everything worked ok. I then opened Delphi (Turbo Pro) and tried to load an existing project. I got an error : Error reading Form - Class TNearestTool not found etc.... I choose Ignore all and after my project was loaded I closed it. Trying to reopen it and the error was not there!

Ok, I thought that there is something wrong with my installation so I uninstalled TeeChart and manually deleted tee810*.* from my disk. I then used the same procedure as above and finally tried to open my project. This time the error was not there but when I tried to compile it the Delphi installer pops up asking me for the installation CD :shock: I inserted the CD and everything was ok until the time I restarted the IDE. When I tried to open my project the above error was raised again.

Can anyone provide some advice on how to overcome this?

Regards

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Strange error after installing latest 8.06 version

Post by Narcís » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:52 am

Hi johnnix,

This error message occurs when you are trying to load a project with some component that is not correctly installed into the IDE and therefore it can't be loaded. The solution to it is that, before loading the project, you make sure TeeChart is correctly installed into the IDE. You should check that your IDE's Search Path list at Project -> Options -> Directories/Conditionals contains TeeChart v8's "Bin" and "Lib" folders on *top* of the list and that TeeChart v8.06 packages are enabled at the packages list at Project -> Options -> Packages. Finally enable the left-bottom "Default" checkbox.

Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

johnnix
Advanced

Post by johnnix » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 am

Hello Narcis,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I tried your suggestion but the error still pops up :(

Regards

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:40 am

Hi johnnix,

Can you please attach a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

johnnix
Advanced

Post by johnnix » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Hello Narcis,

Please find attached a test app that you requested. When I first try to open it I get the error (although I assume you will not be able to reproduce it). Inside the zip file you will find a screenshot of the IDE after I ignore the error (TSeries appears as a vcl component on the form!!!!)

When I close the project and open it again everything works ok so I am able to work. I am just curious to find out what is going wrong here.

Regards
Attachments
TestApp.zip
(46.25 KiB) Downloaded 523 times

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Hello johnnix,

I uninstalled TeeChart from my BDS 2006 tried to load the project and got a similar error. After installing the packages, checking they are enabled at Project -> Options -> Packages and that their "Bin" and "Lib" folders are on *top* of the search path list everything worked fine. Can you please check again those settings in your IDE before loading the project?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

johnnix
Advanced

Post by johnnix » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:09 am

Hello Narcis,

I checked my settings again and look ok but unfortunately the error persists. I just don't understand why the error dissapears after I open my projects for the second time :?:

Regards

johnnix
Advanced

Post by johnnix » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:45 am

Hello Narcis,

I uninstalled TChart and reinstalled it but this time without including TeeTree.... Now the error is gone :D

Regards