Pie slice transparency

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
TestAlways
Advanced

Pie slice transparency

Post by TestAlways » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Can a pie slice have transparency? If so, how?

Thanks
Ed Dressel

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pie slice transparency

Post by Yeray » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:07 am

Hi Ed Dressel,

No, this is a feature already int he wish list to be implemented in future releases (TV52014249).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

TestAlways
Advanced

Post by TestAlways » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Thanks for the response.

I'll explain what I am doing, maybe there is a different solution (I don't see one--but I've seen a lot of creative solutions here).

I have a number of TBarSeries that are stacked--each stack representing a year. A bar can have series that has it's transparency value set to something other than zero. The user can click on a stacked bar series, which will give them a pie chart showing the details of the year. The problem is that the stacked bar series that has it's transparency set will have a different appearance than the pie slice. I've got the legend working fine--so it is correct.

My guess is that I have to wait for the transparent pie slice, correct?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Ed Dressel,

Does the bars transparency represent anything specific? If not, maybe you could force the clicked stacked bar not to be transparent (as it the selected one) so that neither the stacked bar nor its pie will have transparency. And you could restore the stacked bar transparency when the pie is hided.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

TestAlways
Advanced

Post by TestAlways » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Does the bars transparency represent anything specific? If not, maybe you could force the clicked stacked bar not to be transparent (as it the selected one) so that neither the stacked bar nor its pie will have transparency. And you could restore the stacked bar transparency when the pie is hided.
It's a user configuration and represents a shortfall (that's why a transparent appearance is great for this--it appears empty).

I think I could wash the color with white (60% transparency means 60% of white with 40% of the user selected color).

It will be nice when this is fixed.

Ed Dressel