Text as symbols in PointSeries

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Gerben

Text as symbols in PointSeries

Post by Gerben » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:38 am

Hi,

I am working in the field of multivariate statistics and I like to make a mapping of a Principle Component Analyses. In this mapping I like to visualize the X,Y coordinate positions of my samples resulting from the PCA calculation. Samples have names e.g. Prod1, Prod2, Reference, etc. So I actually want a PointSeries with these sample names as symbols.

Can you give me a hint how to achieve this in the most convenient way.

Until now I used PointSeries with symbols invisible. The sample names are shown via a marker. The X coordinate position of the marker is fine, but the problem is the centering of the mark text in the vertical direction on the Y coordinate. I tried to lower the value of the Y coordinate to compensate for this, but it is difficult to do this exact.

Thanks very much and kind regards from Gerben

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:27 am

Hi Gerben,

Which is the exact problem you have with Y coordinate? Could you please send us an example we can run "as-is" or a code snippet to reproduce the problem here?

You can post your files at [url]news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments[/url] newsgroup.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum