TeeProcs compiled vith a different version of system RTL

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.

TeeProcs compiled vith a different version of system RTL

Post by » Tue May 31, 2005 9:39 am

When I try to compile with D6 up2 W2k sp4 TeeChart 66 something which has a chart I get the following error message "TeeProcs compiled vith a different version of system RTL".

There is only one TeeProcs in the path, one is in D4 path. We bought also TeeChart 7 but could not use because could not install with FR3.

According the date the only TeeProcs is from Tee66. So what to do?

Has anybody succeeded to install Tee7 with FR3 without source, we get always some version collision and FastReport is not able or willing to give any instructions or compile their package with a never TeeChart version for D6.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue May 31, 2005 10:01 am

Hi,

You should follow this older thread instructions to solve "TeeProcs compiled vith a different version of system RTL".
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Post by » Tue May 31, 2005 11:33 am

Thanks for your advice, I did as was told in the other post. Now I have up 3 but still I cannot compile DBChart_Aggregates, same error.
After installing D6 up3 I run TeeChart6Delphi6.EXE. In the end it wants to compile Cube and I replied OK but it could not because something was missing. I also tried to install manually but it could not find Tee.

I am afraid that this has something to do with trying to install Tee7 pro earlier. I had to go back to Tee66 because the problems with FR. I think I managed to get rid of all belonging to Tee7 pro before installing Tee6.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue May 31, 2005 12:03 pm

Hi,

You should also install all RTL updates available as, if I'm not wrong, is told in the other thread I pointed you to.

Regarding old TeeChart versions you should make sure them not being checked at Project -> Options -> Packages and that project search path (Project -> Options -> Directories/Conditionals) points to "Bin" and "Lib" folders of the TeeChart version you wish to install. Those folders have to be on top of the search path list.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Post by » Tue May 31, 2005 1:17 pm

I did all what was told also in another computer with same results.

In project options there are nothing in search path, in Delphi environment options are lib and bin.

There are both TeeChart 6 and TeeChart Pro 6 components in the component packages of Delphi.

If I try to compile Tee6New it complains that Chart was compiled with another version of RTL.

The dates of TeeChart files are 24.12.2002, Delphi updates are newer, per 20.3.2003. Is this OK.

In Install.txt there is a reference to Install.txt in case someone wants to install all manually, where is this file? Does it help if I try to install manually, how can I do it?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue May 31, 2005 2:49 pm

Hi,
In project options there are nothing in search path, in Delphi environment options are lib and bin.
Then you should add your current TeeChart version "bin" and "lib" folders to this list and place them at its top.
If I try to compile Tee6New it complains that Chart was compiled
with another version of RTL.
This means Delphi 6 is still referencing different version packages or not all Delphi 6 updates were properly installed.
The dates of TeeChart files are 24.12.2002, Delphi updates are newer, per 20.3.2003. Is this OK.
Are you using latest TeeChar v6 installer available at our customer download area?
In Install.txt there is a reference to Install.txt in case someone wants to install all manually, where is this file? Does it help if I try to install manually, how can I do it?
Yes, it may be a good option installing manually. You should remove/backup all existing TeeChart packages and follow the instructions at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 6.01 for Delphi 6\Delphi6\Install.txt (default English installation path).
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Post by » Tue May 31, 2005 5:56 pm

Hi,

Quote:

Quote,Quote:
Then you should add your current TeeChart version "bin" and "lib" foldersto this list and place them at its top.

What I tried to say is that TeeChart bin and lib paths are in Delphi environment but not in project "environment" although not in the very beginning. That should be enough.

Quote:
If I try to compile Tee6New it complains that Chart was compiled
with another version of RTL.

Quote,Quote:
This means Delphi 6 is still referencing different version packages or not all Delphi 6 updates were properly installed.

Is there any way to check the real version, files dates...? Help claims it is up 2 and I copied additionally up 3 files.

Quote:

Quote,Quote:
Are you using latest TeeChar v6 installer available at our customer download area?

Have to check.

Quote:

Quote,Quote:
Yes, it may be a good option installing manually. You should remove/backup all existing TeeChart packages and follow the instructions at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 6.01 for Delphi 6\Delphi6\Install.txt (default English installation path).

OK. I was reading install.txt one level upper. I will try to install manually.

I installed TeeChart here C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\InstalledComponents\TeeChart6D6\ should make no difference, paths are accordingly.

Thanks again!

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:11 am

Hi,
What I tried to say is that TeeChart bin and lib paths are in Delphi environment but not in project "environment" although not in the very beginning. That should be enough.
Those paths should be at Project -> Options -> Directories/Conditionals -> Search Path. And them being on top of the list is important because if there are other TeeChart versions path the compiler will take the first path on the list.
Is there any way to check the real version, files dates...? Help claims it is up 2 and I copied additionally up 3 files.
For Delphi version go to About menu, regarding TeeChart, drop a TChar component on a form and right-click on it and click about.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Post by » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:50 am

Ok, so I should add the path to every project I am making, no need earlier.

I did that to Tee6New but still "Unit Chart was compiled with a ..."

I have also D4 with TeeChart 4 pro for D4 installed but nothing in D6 is referring to those folders.

I removed (once again) all TeeChart components from Componets and after that run uninstall in Add/Remove programs. Then I run Delphi 6 up2 and then copied the files from up3 where they should be. Then I run TeeChart6Delphi6.EXE. After opening Delphi6 and Tee6New and pressing Run, Delphi complained that system.dcu not found. I checked the library paths in evironment and there was only one left, the one pointing to TeeChart lib, nice. Luckyly I had almost same kind of Delphi in another computer so I could copy the register key value from it and paste to this computer. I am now just wondering which one did it Delphi updates (never done earlier) or TeeChart uninstall.

This all started after installing and uninstalling TeeChart7 Pro for D6.

TeeChart components claims that the verion is TeeChart Pro v6.0 c/0 1995-2002.

Actually, what system does this system.RTLVersion mean, has it something to do with .NET.

In thirdth computer I installed TeeChart7 but left TeeChart6 files there, too, and all works fine, but cannot install FR3.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:51 am

Hi,
Ok, so I should add the path to every project I am making, no need earlier.
Well, you could check the bottom left "Default" checkbox so that not having to do this for every project.
I did that to Tee6New but still "Unit Chart was compiled with a ..."
This means it has still not been solved, some setting is still wrong.
I removed (once again) all TeeChart components from Componets and after that run uninstall in Add/Remove programs. Then I run Delphi 6 up2 and then copied the files from up3 where they should be. Then I run TeeChart6Delphi6.EXE.
Before running TeeChart installers you should also install RTL updates.
After opening Delphi6 and Tee6New and pressing Run, Delphi complained that system.dcu not found. I checked the library paths in evironment and there was only one left, the one pointing to TeeChart lib, nice. Luckyly I had almost same kind of Delphi in another computer so I could copy the register key value from it and paste to this computer. I am now just wondering which one did it Delphi updates (never done earlier) or TeeChart uninstall.
It's also empty, only TeeChart path, on my Delphi 6 installation but it works fine. However in my Environment -> Library -> Library path, the defaul Delphi paths are:

$(DELPHI)\Lib
$(DELPHI)\Bin
$(DELPHI)\Imports
$(DELPHI)\Projects\Bpl

Also I have TeeChart "Lib" path as well as on Project -> Options -> Directories/Conditionals. However all those setting should be done by the binary installer.
This all started after installing and uninstalling TeeChart7 Pro for D6.
Then some leftover from this installation must be the cause. If you want, the optimal solution would be uninstalling Delphi 6, reinstalling it, its updates and TeeChart.
Actually, what system does this system.RTLVersion mean, has it
something to do with .NET.
No, RTL stands for Run-Time Library.
In thirdth computer I installed TeeChart7 but left TeeChart6 files there, too, and all works fine, but cannot install FR3.
Installing procedure could be similar to Report Builder:

First thing to do is check with Fast Reports developing company if version you own works with TeeChart v7. Then do the following:

1) Uninstall old TeeChart and RB version
2) Install the latest TeeChart
3) Install RB which works with TeeChart version you have (check with Digital Metaphors!)
4) If needed, recompile/reinstall RB TeeChart wrapper packages (again, check with DM about correct procedure).
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Post by » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:18 pm

I have now tested TeeChart Pro 66 with 3 different computers and installed Delphi ups 2 and 3 several times. All others work except TeeChart. The same error always: TeeWhatEver is compiled with a different RTL version. If I copy e.g. Chart from D6 install CD the compilation goes over it and stops in the next TeeChart unit.

In Delpihi\ bin the units are from 22.5.2001 9:00 15.2.2002 14:02, in lib from 22.5.2001 9:00 15.2.2002 14:02 and 2 from 20.3.2003 6:04.

Updates run: D6_upd2_ent.exe, del6_ent_rtl2.exe and files from d6_rtl3.zip copied to the specified destinations.

Tested TeeChart versions TeeChart6Delphi6.EXE and TeeChart601Delphi6_RTL3.EXE.

Before updating TeeChart all earlier files that can be found has been deleted.

Based on the tests I have done it seems that TeeChart packages are not compiled with the version Borland is offering in their web site.

E.g. what Delphi units units Chart uses, what are the dates of the units Chart is compiled with.

I am not very keen on reinstalling Delphi, it takes at least one day and based on the test one cannot be sure it works better.

Have I missed some updates?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:53 am

Hi,

well, I0m not sure which is your situation for now. About the error you're getting "different RTL version" happens because you must uninstall all the TeeChart versions you've installed before to install the Delphi6 Updates (all updates rtl and upd), and then install again the TeeChart Pro v6. Also, make sure you've downloaded the latest TeeChart Pro v6 installer from our web site, at the private customers download page.