Color line bug

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Richard

Color line bug

Post by Richard » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi

I use xe2 and windows 7 64, with the latests version of teechart

I have problems with the colorline tool - it is no longer working as it did. I have two colour line tools marking the origin of the left and top axis, they use to be light blue, small dots and crossed at 0,0 - it looked lovely!

Now one (left axis (ie horizontal)) is clear and the other produces both a horizontal and a vertical line - in the right colour but in the wong place, the vertical line, the one I want appears right, the other is just at a random position on the graph.

You can see something is broken if you use your own demo Colour line
- if you turn of 3d in the option above the graph the horizontal line disappears.

In the second demo the cololine drag, you get the colour line showing though the mark - which seems odd

to see my error, go to your clustering demo, add two color lines. set the fist one to be left axis, style custom and show at a value 3
Set the second one to be bottom axis, style custom and a value of 6 -

You will then see that the bottom axis has produced 2 lines rather than one, and the left axis is a clear line

Richard

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Color line bug

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Richard,
Richard wrote: You can see something is broken if you use your own demo Colour line
- if you turn of 3d in the option above the graph the horizontal line disappears.
This seems to be the same bug (ID465) we discussed here. It has been fixed and will send you source code unit with the fix.
Richard wrote: In the second demo the cololine drag, you get the colour line showing though the mark - which seems odd
You just need to enable the "Draw Behind" option.
Richard wrote: to see my error, go to your clustering demo, add two color lines. set the fist one to be left axis, style custom and show at a value 3
Set the second one to be bottom axis, style custom and a value of 6 -

You will then see that the bottom axis has produced 2 lines rather than one, and the left axis is a clear line
That works fine with our current sources. Please try it again with the unit I'm going to send you.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Thanks - that got it - thanks for your help - sorry I didn't see the other thread

Richard

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:40 pm

No problem Richard, glad to hear that helped.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum