Use TeeRecompile from finalbuilder

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
h.hasenack

Use TeeRecompile from finalbuilder

Post by h.hasenack » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:40 am

Hi

For our daily builds we use Finalbuilder, which allows us to compile all of our 3rd party libs. Except for TeeChart2013 that is...
TeeRecompile obviously changes/generates some of the sources before it is processed by the embarcadero compilers.

So: what I basically need is a command line option that lets me run TeeRecompile without any manual intervention. (except for some initial settings maybe).

Any tips/hints? (Recompiling teechart from the generated dpk's and groupproj's seems to be ineffective as it does not re-generate some sources.)

Regards
Hans

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Use TeeRecompile from finalbuilder

Post by Yeray » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:14 am

Hi Hans,

What about trying the command here:
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... and#p58564
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

h.hasenack

Post by h.hasenack » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:42 am

Yes, I can issue this command, but compiling is only half of it.

I apply some patches to TChart (some fixes, some extensions) and I do this mainly in the engine and series parts. The teerecompile tool takes this obvously to the next level where these engine sources are copied to the fmx and ios folders, and very likely some patches and OS translations are applied to the original TChart sources.

So basically I just want to be able to call something like:

Code: Select all

TeeRecompile.exe /unattended
From within my finalbuilder script and it just should not wait for me to click any buttons before starting to generate/compile. Any settings required are obviously stored in the registry in

Code: Select all

HKCU\Software\Steema Software\TeeChart Recompile
which can be altered easily from within finalbuilder if required.

It would be nice if TeeRecompile returns a returncode other than 0 in case something went wrong so finalbuilder is able to detect errors.

That's just all I require.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi,

I've added this silent/unattended mode to the wish list to be implemented in future releases (TE52016634).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

David

Post by David » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:20 am

Out of curiosity, why do you recompile all your 3rd party components every day. We have a continuous build process as well, but don't find that necessary. Is there some reason that I missing that makes this useful?

h.hasenack

Post by h.hasenack » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:10 am

Sorry for the VERY late response...

We dont build everyday, but our 'daly build' script recompiles all code , including 3rd party libs without debugging info etcetera whereas in our development envioronment we keep the debugging info.

As we made mistakes in the past with compiler settings and had to redo the entire compile/build phase we decided yto use finalbuilder to set all parameters correctly for the release build. and Just for the sake of completeness we want TCHart to built from within this script too, as it is currently the only library (except the VCL/FMX libraries) that we cannot compile from within finalbuilder.

I hope your curiousity didnt burn you down meanwhile ;)

Regards - Hans