Smooth my chart lines

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ijbranch

Smooth my chart lines

Post by ijbranch » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:09 am

Hi Guys,

At the moment I have my chart doing everything it NEEDS to do.
However, the one annoying thinkis the straight lines between data points. I would like to have smooth, curved lines between & through the data points.
I have looked at some of the 'AntiAliasing' topics but find myself no closer to understanding how I might do it. If I in fact can. I suspect it is possible.

So. If it is possible, how do I add the line curve smoothing between and through the data points?

I have turned on all the 'smooth' related options I can find without any success.

Regards & TIA,

Ian

ijbranch

Re: Smooth my chart lines

Post by ijbranch » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:11 am

Forgot to mention - D2007 & the latest/current TeeChart Pro v 2013.08.130521 32bit.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Smooth my chart lines

Post by Yeray » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi,

Activating the Smoothed property in an Area or a Line series, does the job for you. When you activate this property, a new series is being created internally, with a TSmoothingFunction function linked to it. See the example in the features demo at "What's New\Welcome !\New in Series\Custom\Smoothed".

However, if you want to modify this second series you'll have to do the same manually. In that case, I'd suggest you to look at the example at "All Features\Welcome !\Functions\Extended\Smoothing SpLine".
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy