Installation problem Delphi XE4 update1 and Teechart Pro 201

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
lencsess

Installation problem Delphi XE4 update1 and Teechart Pro 201

Post by lencsess » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:46 am

Hello

I have Delphi XE4, update1,
I've bought the Teechart Pro 2013 without source,
Before I've installed it, I've removed the Teechart Lite FMX component and TeeChart Standard Component.
After Installation the components isn't working, thereby a I've followed the manual installation instruction.
I've copied the all files in the C:\ComponentXE4\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE4\Delphi18.win32\System from to c:\windows\System32, and
all files in the C:\ComponentXE4\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE4\Delphi18.win64\System from to C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
After them a try install the component (C:\ComponentXE4\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE4\Delphi18.win32\Bin\DclTee918.bpl ) , but I get an error message:

Can't load package C:\ComponentXE4\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE4\Delphi18.win32\Bin\DclTee918.bpl.%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

What is the problem ?

Sandor Lencses
CEO

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation problem Delphi XE4 update1 and Teechart Pro 201

Post by Yeray » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:25 am

Hello Sandor,
lencsess wrote:After Installation the components isn't working, thereby a I've followed the manual installation instruction.
What error did you find at this stage?
lencsess wrote:I've copied the all files in the C:\ComponentXE4\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE4\Delphi18.win32\System from to c:\windows\System32, and
all files in the C:\ComponentXE4\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE4\Delphi18.win64\System from to C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
First of all, note in 64bit Windows OS, Windows\System32 is the folder for the 64bit runtime libraries and Windows\SysWOW64 is the folder for the 32bit runtime libraries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoW64#Regi ... ile_system
So the files at \Delphi18.win32\System correspond to \Windows\SysWOW64, and the files at \Delphi18.win64\System correspond to \Windows\System32.
However, this should already be done by the installer. Do you have enough privileges when you run the installer?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

lencsess

Post by lencsess » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Hello,

I've reinstalled the Teechart2013RADXE4.exe as Run as Adminoistrator.
After I've installed it, I've started Delphi XE4, but I've got an error:

Can't load package C:\ComponentXe4\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE4\Delphi18.win32\bin\DclTeePro918.bpl.
Cannot load package 'Tee918.'. It contains unit 'VCLTee.TeeConst' which is also contained Tee8180'.
Do you attempt to load this package the next time project is loaded ?

What is the problem ? :(

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi,

This error typically indicates the TeeChart Standard version that is shipped with the IDE is still being loaded when the IDE starts. Please, go to the package list and disable it.
If TeeChart standard is already disabled and you still find this error, the problem will probably be a 3rd party component you may have installed that could be using the TeeChart Standard version shipped with the IDE. In that case, you could disable any 3rd party package you may suspect to be causing this, and see if you can activate TeeChart Pro then. This way you should be able to identify what 3rd party package is causing the confusion.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

lencsess

Post by lencsess » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello,

Thank you information.
I've reinstalled my components, and after I'v installed the Teechart first, and devexpress second, and fastreport third etc., and it was good.
Although I don't understand this process, but it works fine.

Thanks,

mitch

Post by mitch » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:33 am

I do also have problems with the installation of "TeeChart Pro 2013 with source Code" on the same version of Delphi (Enterprise).
After having installed the downloaded TeeChart2013SourceCode.exe, I was expecting to find the TeeChart componants into my Delphi, but non of them are found. In the menu Component/Install packages, I can't find any TeeChart Pro 2013, but I do see the following:
- Teechart Pro 2012 for Firemonkey Components (enabled)
- Teechart Pro 2012 VCL Components (disabled)
- TeeMaker (disabled)
- TeeTree 2 Components (disabled)

If I try to enable one of the disabled components, I receive the following error:
"Cannot load package 'Tee918.' It contains unit 'VCLTee.TeeConst', which is also contained in package 'Tee9180'

Thanks for your help
mitch

mitch

Post by mitch » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:40 am

by the way, I've tryed to install with "run as Administrator" and without. I'm Admin on my Windows 7 Pro computer.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:14 am

Hi mitch,

Have you run TeeRecompile tool to build and install the TeeChart sources into the IDE?
Have you tried disabling any other 3rd party tool you may suspect to be using the TeeChart Standard version thas was shipped with the IDE, as indicated above?

Note when I say "disable", I only mean uncheck an item in the packages list in the IDE. No need to fully uninstall them.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

mitch

Post by mitch » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I've run the tool "Recompile" under the "Steema TeeChart Pro 2013 Full Source Code" start menu und selected XE4. The Option "Install packages into IDEs" is also selected. The compilation were all green, but I still have no TeeChart component at all in Delphi XE4.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 am

Hi,
mitch wrote:I've run the tool "Recompile" under the "Steema TeeChart Pro 2013 Full Source Code" start menu und selected XE4. The Option "Install packages into IDEs" is also selected. The compilation were all green, but I still have no TeeChart component at all in Delphi XE4.
After doing this, open the IDE without any project opened. Go to the "Component\Install Packages..." list. Do you see "TeeChart Pro 2012 VCL Components" listed?
Is it selected?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

mitch

Post by mitch » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:43 am

As written above:

I do see the following:
- Teechart Pro 2012 for Firemonkey Components (enabled)
- Teechart Pro 2012 VCL Components (disabled)
- TeeMaker (disabled)
- TeeTree 2 Components (disabled)

If I try to enable one of the disabled components, I receive the following error:
"Cannot load package 'Tee918.' It contains unit 'VCLTee.TeeConst', which is also contained in package 'Tee9180'

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi mitch,

Do you have any other 3rd party tool (eg.: Report Builder, Fast Reports, DevExpress, etc.)that might be using TeeChart packages? If so, try disabling them. If that's not the case please make sure that new TeeChart version path (\Lib) is on top of the list at Tools -> Options -> Delphi -> Environment Options -> Delphis Options -> Library -> Library path.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

mitch

Post by mitch » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:00 pm

yes, we do have DevExpress, Devart, TatukGis, EurekaLog and Reporbuilder (which can't be properly installed because TeeChart could not be installed properly), but since they are already installed for a while, I just wanted to install TeeChart and ReportBuilder, without having to uninstall and re-install the already installed componants.

I try to move the Tee at the Top of the list as you mention it, but it doesn't help. Actually, when I start Delphi, the Tee packages cannot be loaded/activated because of the error "Cannot load package 'Tee918.' It contains unit 'VCLTee.TeeConst', which is also contained in package 'Tee9180'".

This happen at startup of Delphi or when we try to activate this package in the "Install Packages" window.
A default path muss not work properly somehow?
I tryed to uninstall the version with source code, and install the binary-only version, but the problem is exactly the same.

I'll be on Holliday the next couple of weeks, so you will not hear from me untill I'm back.

It would be great if you could try to reproduce this problem, installing the 3d party componant first too (demo version). That should also help fixing this problem?

Thanks for you support

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi mitch,

Actually you don't need to uninstall those packages but disable them. It would be much quicker and easier that you do that to isolate the conflicting package(s). It's most likely that some of them use standard TeeChart packages shipped with Delphi, that would be the reason why they require Tee9180 (Teechart v9 aka 2013 Std for XE4) package. To make them compatible with TeeChart Pro packages you (or their manufacturers) should recompile them changing the TeeChart package referenc to the Professional version as explained in the QuickReport article here. If I'm not wrong, DevExpress and ReportBuilder do it automatically. I don't know for other components.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum