GDI & GDI+...

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Steve Maughan

GDI & GDI+...

Post by Steve Maughan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi,

It looks as if the new version of TChart uses GDI+ by default. Most of the charts look really good. However, some interactive charts seems a little slow. Is there a way to go back to vanilla GDI rendering.

I right clicked and selected options and then the "Chart Gallery" tab. It says the chart is being rendered as GDI, but from the anti-aliasing it must be GDI+ (unless there is some sort of GDI anti-aliasing going on). Also what does Mode do (Normal and Alternate) do?

Thanks,

Steve

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GDI & GDI+...

Post by Yeray » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi Steve,

Different things here.
Steve Maughan wrote:It looks as if the new version of TChart uses GDI+ by default. Most of the charts look really good. However, some interactive charts seems a little slow. Is there a way to go back to vanilla GDI rendering.
Change the "Render" option at the "New Chart" tab in the "Options..." dialog, from GDI+ to GDI:
It can't be seen in the preview chart in the dialog, but you'll see the change if you drop a new chart into a form.
Steve Maughan wrote:I right clicked and selected options and then the "Chart Gallery" tab. It says the chart is being rendered as GDI, but from the anti-aliasing it must be GDI+ (unless there is some sort of GDI anti-aliasing going on).
This option is to change it for the charts that are created to show the Series Gallery:
GDIPlusGallery.png
GDIPlusGallery.png (101.86 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
However, I see this option doesn't take effect. We'll try to fix in for next releases (TV52016653).
Steve Maughan wrote: Also what does Mode do (Normal and Alternate) do?
Alternate mode activates the new series gallery "alternate" mode, that looks different:
alternate_gallery.png
alternate_gallery.png (58.95 KiB) Viewed 6924 times
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Steve Maughan

Post by Steve Maughan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks Yeray!

I upgrading my application from XE3 with the previous version of TeeChart to the latest i.e. I'm not creating new charts. How do I change the rendering of the charts which have already been created to either GDI or GDI+?

Thanks,

Steve

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi Steve,

You can do it either at design-time (as Yeray explained) or at run-time as shown here:

Code: Select all

uses VCLTee.TeCanvas;

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
var GdiP: Boolean;
begin
  GdiP:=False;

if GdiP then
    Chart1.Canvas:=TGDIPlusCanvas.Create
  else
    Chart1.Canvas:=TTeeCanvas3D.Create;
end;
Best Regards,