Failed to install Teechart Pro

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
JeffS

Failed to install Teechart Pro

Post by JeffS » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:51 pm

I tried to upgrade our old version of Teechart 8.02 to be able to compile our application with the XE4 Builder.
I went to the download page. I selected TeeChart8.08Builder6.exe for download but when I tried to run it, I got an error message:
"Borland Builder 6 cannot be found. Please check that Borland Builder 6 is installed correctly before installing TeeChart."

As I was not sure "Borland Builder 6" is the same as XE4, I have tried with the other downloads. But the problem is similar each time.

In my opinion, XE4 is correctly installed as I have already compiled several projects that do not use teechart.

So, do you have an idea about the origin of the problem?

Regards

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Failed to install Teechart Pro

Post by Narcís » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:36 am

Hi Jeffs,

Borland C++ Builder 6 is very different to RAD Studio XE4/C++ Builder XE4. Here you can see C++ Builder version history, there's an 11 year difference between version 6 and XE4! Having that in mind and that XE4 was published a few months ago, the only TeeChart version supporting it is TeeChart 2013, as announced here. Since it hadn't been published during TeeChart v8 development cycle, no support for it was implemented in TeeChart version 8. So, if you need to use TeeChart Pro with C++ Builder XE4, the only option available for you is upgrading your v8 license. You can find pricing information at the on-line store. You can also stick with TeeChart 2013 Std already shipped with XE4 for basic charting functionality.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum