Exception on application exit calling SeriesCount

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
kent_myers

Re: Exception on application exit calling SeriesCount

Post by kent_myers » Fri May 31, 2013 4:14 pm

Yeray,

I understand that there is other code, but my impression from our previous conversations was that we were focusing on FormChartTimeSeries because that is where all the interaction with TChart is.

You say that I am customizing and changing the behavior of TeeChart so much that you cannot be responsible for it. Please give me an example of what you consider customization. I will focus my attention on removing that customization in order to make the debugging easier. Maybe removing that customization will solve the problem.

Thanks,
Kent

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exception on application exit calling SeriesCount

Post by Yeray » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Hello Kent,

If the other code had nothing to do with TeeChart, we could just remove it, simplifying the project and making it understandable and debuggable for us. But it's not simple to remove all that code. And I've spent a few more hours trying to see what's going on there... but I can't.
I've linked the TeeChart sources and I've seen it seems to crash when clearing the left axis labels, to recreate them according to the series and values present.
But I don't see what code in your project can be causing this.
Please, understand we need to reproduce the problems in a simple way to investigate them. We can't debug *big* customers applications to see if the root of the problem is a TeeChart bug, a bug in the client's code, a wrongly understood usage of the component, etc. And this time I tried, but the developer who created the application is the best person to strip it and arrange the simple application showing an unexpected behaviour we are asking for since the beginning of the thread.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy