Real time charts

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Jorgen

Real time charts

Post by Jorgen » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:21 am

Hi All

I'm doing some real time charting. I have 8 sensors that are read with a frequency of 100 Hz. Using a TTimer I update a TChart with a frequency of 5 Hz. The users want to see 100000 points on the graph for each sensor. As the charting is supposed to continue for several days so I got to delete or overwrite old points.

I have looked at the real time guidelines on the www, and thus uses fastlines, no autorepaint etc. Everything is OK until I start to delete points (I uses delete(0,10000)) for the sensors. The delete operation take so long time that it’s not possible to use the program for several seconds and sometimes the program even crashes!

System: TeeChart 7 and Builder 6, Win XP

Have anybody tried a kind of circular buffering to overcome this kind of problem? Or is there other kind of solutions?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated, Jørgen

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:50 am

Hi Jorgen,

would you be so kink to sent un example with which we can reproduce the problem "as is" here ? (you can post it into the public.steema.attachments newsgroup or send it directly to my account pep@steema.com ).

Jorgen

Post by Jorgen » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:45 am

Hi Pep

I mailed you an example illustrating my problem. Did you have a chance to get a look on it?

Regards Jørgen