QR TeeChart can't install package

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
JoJu

QR TeeChart can't install package

Post by JoJu » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Hello,

I have upgraded to TeeChart Pro. I am using Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE3 and have QR5.05 pro installed (I have sources for everything). First I removed the standard delphi TChart packaged, then I installed RAD package and after that Source Code package. After that I used TEERECOMPILE and used QuickReport in Packages group box. Everything was installed, except QRChart. I have added all the paths.

When I try to manually install the packages for Delphi 2010 I get an error [DCC Error] DclTQR914.dpk(32): E2466 Never-build package 'TeeQR914' requires always-build package 'QR5RunD2010'

In Delphi XE3 I get an error "The program can't start because DclTee917.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

So far I made a small component which captures the graph image and displays it on QucikReport, but that is just a dirty workaround for exhibition this weekend. Later I would need a propper QRChart component. Can you please advise me on what I am doing wrong here?

Kind regards,
JJ

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: QR TeeChart can't install package

Post by Narcís » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi JoJu,
When I try to manually install the packages for Delphi 2010 I get an error [DCC Error] DclTQR914.dpk(32): E2466 Never-build package 'TeeQR914' requires always-build package 'QR5RunD2010'
That's most likely you need to compile and install TQRChart packages as explained in the QuickReport article here.
In Delphi XE3 I get an error "The program can't start because DclTee917.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".
This error message probably indicates the TeeChart designtime packages referencee is wrong in your design-time TQRChart package. It points to the TeeChart version shipped with XE3, you should upgrade it to the Pro version (DclTeePro917.bpl) as explained in the QuickReport article I linked in my previous answer.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum