new installation of TeeChart Pro v2011/12 in RAD XE2

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
johndw

new installation of TeeChart Pro v2011/12 in RAD XE2

Post by johndw » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:41 pm

I just tried to install the latest TeeChart Pro v2011/12 VCL with sources on my RAD Studio XE2 under W7/64 bit. I read something that I should install the binary first and then the source code which I did. After the installation all TEE-components are gone and when I try to activate the packages unchecked in my package list then I get the following error as you can see in the attachment. So I assume there is already a package loaded that contains TEE9160. But I don't know which one. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot continue my app since I have lost even the standard TEE-components. I already regret having started the installation.

John
Attachments
packages.png
package load error
packages.png (73.69 KiB) Viewed 5305 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new installation of TeeChart Pro v2011/12 in RAD XE2

Post by Yeray » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi John,

The Tee9160 package is the TeeChart Standard package that comes with Rad XE2. So it seems the IDE is still trying to load this package and it enters in conflict with the Pro version you've just installed.
To correct it, please go to the packages list and uncheck the TeeChart Standard packages. Then, you should be able to select the Pro packages in the same list.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

johndw

Post by johndw » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Dear Yeray,

I don't even have the TeeChart Standard packages in my list of packages!! Can I remove all TeeChart Standard package references and source files by hand somehow?

John

johndw

Post by johndw » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:09 am

Hi Yeray,

I think I found out where the Standard TeeChart components were referenced - the two packages ExpressPrinting System Reportlink for DBTeeChart and TeeChart are using it. After unchecking them the new Proversion components can be used.

I have another question thought: Since I bought TeeChart Pro with source code I would like to know which packages (file names please) I have to compile if I would like to do so??

John

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:25 am

Hi John,
johndw wrote:I think I found out where the Standard TeeChart components were referenced - the two packages ExpressPrinting System Reportlink for DBTeeChart and TeeChart are using it. After unchecking them the new Proversion components can be used.
Steema supports the integration of TeeChart into QuickReport and Intraweb components (general instructions in the QuickReport article here). To get concrete instructions on how integrate TeeChart with any other component, please contact the manufacturer of the 3rd party tool.
Anyway, I'm glad to hear you made TeeChart work.
johndw wrote:I have another question thought: Since I bought TeeChart Pro with source code I would like to know which packages (file names please) I have to compile if I would like to do so??
We recommend using the TeeRecompile tool included with the SourceCode installation to build and install the TeeChart sources into any IDE installed in your system. This tool is designed to help you in this process.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy