incorrect holes in surface series

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: incorrect holes in surface series

Post by Yeray » Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 am

Hi Trevor,
Track1 wrote:Unfortunately, the problem was not resolved with that version.
Track1 wrote:I downloaded and installed the source code version for 2011.03, and the result was exactly the same as above
That's strange. Are you using the example you posted here?
I'd suggest you to check the IDE paths. It could be possible that you were showing the about screen at design time and the surfaces with holes at runtime? If so, if the v2012.05 lib path is still referenced in the lib list of paths, you could be using different TeeChart versions at designtime and at runtime.
Track1 wrote:I could never get the 2012 source code installer to work, see: http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... =3&t=13167, so I only had the 2012 binary installer working.
I understand from that thread you haven't tried to install the sources with TeeRecompile tool included with the SouceCode version. This utility is thought to help SourceCode customers to recompile and install TeeChart SourceCode to the supported IDEs.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Track1

Post by Track1 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:49 am

Hello Yeeray, thanks for the followup.

I did eventually also perform a Source Code recompile, selecting only Delphi 6 for the Build (BEGIN)
Steema07-May-12 8-40-31 PM.png
Steema07-May-12 8-40-31 PM.png (52.96 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
This is the Library path in Delphi 6:
Steema07-May-12 8-34-19 PM.png
Steema07-May-12 8-34-19 PM.png (28.49 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
However, the Steema version 12 library path was defined in the Project Options Search path, which must have overwritten the Library Path. I have removed from Library Path and the chart is OK (well almost)
Steema07-May-12 8-46-04 PM.png
Steema07-May-12 8-46-04 PM.png (9.61 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
Thank you for the support.

What's the next step to get a working version that is a current release?

Regards

Trevor

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon May 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi Trevor,
Track1 wrote:This is the Library path in Delphi 6:
The screenshot shows the library list for your Delphi 6, at "Tools\Environment Options...\Library\Library path". Note more references could also be defined in the project search path, at "Project\Options...\Directories/Conditionals\Search path". You could clear this list since the references are already in the library list.
The library list in your screenshot look correct for using TeeChart v2011. Anyway, I'd suggest you to move the TeeChart references to the top of the list to be sure the TeeChart files are used if there is any coincidence with files from other references in the list.
Track1 wrote:However, the Steema version 12 library path was defined in the Project Options Search path, which must have overwritten the Library Path. I have removed from Library Path and the chart is OK (well almost)
This is what I get with TeeChart v2011.03 and Delphi 6 with the application you attached some posts above:
IsoSurface.png
IsoSurface.png (38.6 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
The screenshot looks as taken from another application, right?
Note this problem could be very related to the dataset used. If you found the problem isn't reproducible with a dataset but with another, please try to arrange a simple example project again, so we can check it there too.
Track1 wrote:What's the next step to get a working version that is a current release?
We've identified when and where the bug was introduced, but we still have to find a way to resolve it without breaking anything.
In the meanwhile, I'd suggest you to stay with v2011.03 if it looks acceptable for you.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Track1

Post by Track1 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 am

Many thanks for all of your support.

I'll look forward to a fix in future release, and will stay with 2011.03 for the moment.

regards

Trevor