Help - drawing label arrows

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Sam F

Help - drawing label arrows

Post by Sam F » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:20 am

I'm looking for a manner of drawing arrows pointing down at various positions along the top axis (outside of the data space), and not sure how to accomplish it. I've attached a picture of an example of what I'm trying to accomplish - it may involve more than one symbol type. The symbols are associated with x-axis values.
Can this be done by using custom labels somehow?
Can it be done by using the arrow series? I can't see how to plot the series outside of the standard chart space. Would this involve perhaps adding an extra axis into the chart to divide the chart or perhaps adding an extra chart?
Maybe even using the Marks feature somehow?

I guess I'm looking to get pointed in the right direction. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
LabelsExample.png
Arrows example
LabelsExample.png (32.92 KiB) Viewed 5773 times

Sam F

Re: Help - drawing label arrows

Post by Sam F » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:46 am

I've ended up going with a second chart that uses the arrow series, with linked bottom axes and disappearing most of the background stuff. That seems to be good enough.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help - drawing label arrows

Post by Yeray » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Hello,

I'm glad to hear you found a satisfying solution. Anyway, I think it would be easier to load an image of an arrow (or any symbol you would like) into a Rectangle tool. Alternatively, if the symbols to draw are as simple as an arrow, I'd also considered drawing them manually at AfterDraw event.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy