TChart ExtraLegendTool Property

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
DNDI

TChart ExtraLegendTool Property

Post by DNDI » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:36 pm

For TChart, there is a Legend property to control the legend for the Chart, but how do you get access to an ExtraLegendTool for a chart. I have a reference for one of the legends, but not the other. The reason I am trying to control both of the chart's legends is that printing a chart causes the legends to increase in size and makes the paper chart unusable.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TChart ExtraLegendTool Property

Post by Yeray » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:00 am

Hello DNDI,

I'm not sure to understand what exact problem do you have with the legend.
If you want to see an example of TExtraLegendTool usage, please take a look at the example at "All features\Welcome !\Tools\Extra Legend tool" in the feature demo program included with the installation.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

DNDI

Post by DNDI » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:01 pm

My problem is that with two legends ( a standard and an Extra Legend Tool ), when print the chart, the legends are horribly sized to the point that the legends so large that one of them is forced off the page, and the other is way too big relative to the chart.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:41 am

Hi DNDI,

Have you checked the example Yeray suggested at the new features demo, available at TeeChart's program group created by the binary installers? In demo's code you can see how extra legend tool is referenced and how you can customize chart legend's position.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

DNDI

Post by DNDI » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:25 pm

I looked through the examples, and can't find one that matches our scenario. It seems that after a Chart.Repaint the legends and extralegend tools are sizing incorrectly on the screen, and the printed image's legends are sized incorrectly. What procedures and functions are invoked when Chart.PrintLandscape is called? ( not just Chart.print, but the other functions it steps though ). I ask because this seems to print the legend incorrectly, and the repaint draws them incorrectly on the display, so I think other functions that are called in those processes might have errors since we override a lot of those for this one particular chart. I am trying to build an example but am having difficulties at the moment.

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Hello DNDI,

Thanks to information. Thanks to information. We will wait if you send us your simple example to reproduce exactly problemhere. Moreover,if you are source code customer, feel free to check how the legend and TExtralegenttool are drawn.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum