3 Dimension and mouse pointer problem

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Q10-Informática

3 Dimension and mouse pointer problem

Post by Q10-Informática » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Hello all,

In first, thanks for your attention and, I am having a trouble on TChar component with TBarSeries and I'll be so thankful if someone help me to solve it.

In a simple graphic with TBarSeries I set 100% of Bar Depth and 70% of Bar With on the Size tab. Then, from the chart section, I've turned on the 3 Dimensions with 30%, I unchecked the Orthogonal properties and changed to 100 the value of Perspective.

So in run time, the cursor (mouse pointer, HandPoint) never matches the exactly line boundaries off each bar.

I recently update my TeeChart license and using the Borland Developer Studio 2006 with C++ Builder personality. I'll attach a zip with the sample code to help us find these problem.

[]'s
Leonardo Fraietta
Q10-Informática
Attachments
Test.zip
The sample code on Bds2006 compiler
(5.64 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3 Dimension and mouse pointer problem

Post by Narcís » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:49 am

Hi Leonardo,

I'm afraid there's little we can do here. This happens in non-orthogonal charts because of the difficulty to convert from 2D screen coordinates to 3D chart coordinates. This is a known issue and is very difficult to solve as neither GDI nor GDI+ provide methods for such conversions. The only option available at the present moment to get this working is setting the chart to be orthogonal.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum